Job title change

Hi,

I've been in my current company for 2.5 years. I've started as People Ops Manager looking after HR admin, payroll, office management and staff events. I was a retail manager before for years and decided I wanted to move to HR, that's why I tool this role. I then studied for a CIPD diploma and then my role developed into an HR management role. I've recruited an HR admin and Office manager to work for me. My role is now managing my team (so overseeing office management and staff events, and admin, payroll, benefits and compensation), but I'm now more involved on reviewing and implementing processes (onboarding, engagement surveys), managing benefits renewal and compensation review and supporting managers with ER issues. I report to a People Ops Director and we have also 2 recruiters in the team. I'd like my job title to be changed to reflect the changes in my role since I started 2.5 years ago. What would you advise? People Business Partner? I would love to hear your opinion before approaching my line managers.

Thanks,

Valentina

• Frankly (and bluntly) I am not sure it makes any difference either internally or externally.

If calling yourself a PBP makes you more engaged and enthusiastic then go for it.

The Challenge is that your boss has People Ops in their title so there might be some organisational reason to retain it. But People Operations Business Partner is a bit of a mouthful.
  • In reply to Keith:

Thanks Keith. I know what you mean and I think it will be my manager's challenge.
    The only reason why I would like a change is because my role has developed massively since I started and my responsibility increased. I'm not looking after HR ops anymore, but I have also BP duties. Our team is called People Ops team and the only title I could think was People Business Partner.