CIPD MEMBERSHIP

Hi everyone

When I started my studies in April, I paid for student membership up to July 2020.

I received notification recently that my new membership card (from July 2019 to July 2020) would be with me soon as they were changing the paper one that was issued (I didn't ever get one of these).

Does anybody know when the new cards will be sent out?

Many thanks

Lisa

• Hi Lisa.

Is this for moving from student to fully-fledged? I’ve been told that it’s up to 28 weeks from when you complete your studies. Yes, 6 months...

I’m really not sure why, in this day and age, it should take so long. You should get a paper ‘certificate’ from whoever you studied with saying you’ve passed, which will serve in the meantime.
  • In reply to Teresa:

Hi Teresa
    Sorry, I meant my student membership card. I joined in April and paid up to July 2020. I had notification that the new paper cards they sent out were no good and they were sending out new ones. I still haven't had mine.
    It isn't an issue but just wondered as I think I should have had it by now.
    Lisa
  • In reply to Lisa:

Hi Lisa,

I joined in June, I had an email recently to say about the delay and that my card would now be due sometime in September.

Maybe yours due around the similar time, if the issue the same?
  • In reply to Alex:

Hi Alex

Thank you. I expect it will be the same as yours then.
    Lisa
  • Hi Lisa, just for context we had no known suppliers of a completely plastic-free card so we had to research brand new suppliers, and the reality is that the process of sourcing and selecting a brand new supplier does take time. After the quality issues we had with the previous card, we didn’t want to leave anything to chance. It was important to take the time necessary to conduct due diligence on any potential new supplier, including their supply chain and data management. We also had to ensure any potential new supplier is GDPR compliant and that no data is processed outside the UK, which adds extra time onto the process.
    We have now selected a new supplier of a plastic-free, fully biogradable and recyclable card. Unfortunately the production lead times for that new type of card means that the earliest we will be able to despatch the cards is at the end of August so I would expect your card to be with you early September. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused!
  • In reply to Amy Humphreys:

Hi Amy
    No problem. I was just wondering why I had not heard and thought I would check.
    Many thanks
    Lisa