L&D Mission Statements

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get a good template for a L&D Mission statement that we can edit and display to show commitment to our workforce?

Thanks

Becky

• Hi Becky and welcome to the Community.

I'm not completely sure of what you want here. I've always approached mission statements as a one-line summary of purpose and/or objective, and tried to also make them very much personal to those ends, such as one I used years ago (and probably isn't original) in a training/facilitation environment: " To teach is to learn" (We were training trainers), but it sounds as if you want something more like a mission strategy, rather than a statement.

If you give us a little more direction you might get a flood of replies in response :-)

P

• Rebecca, welcome to the community.

Isn't this something your boss/CEO or MD should be doing? It really isn't up to me, sitting at home with absolutely NO knowledge of what you do or any knowledge of your company to tell you what your mission statement is or should be.

NASA's is probably something like........Explore the boundaries of space, flight and planets..... (get the idea? ;-)
  • In reply to David Perry:

To my surprise, David,  NASA's is the lengthy and pedantic: "Advance and communicate scientific knowledge and understanding of the Earth, the solar system, and the universe and use the environment of space for research. explore, use, and enable the development of space for human and robotic endeavors in science and commerce." (....and they don't even spell "endeavours" correctly).

Yours is better ;-)

• In reply to Peter:

Thank you for this guys. Its more a commitment statement to learning and development I was looking for BRC v8 but I've put one together now. Thanks for all your help though!
  • In reply to Peter:

Lol -= Exactly! I just abbreviated it Peter! ;-)
  • In reply to David Perry:

Theirs is very bland for such a potentially inspiring endeavour :-(
    (Although perhaps if I was sitting on the top of a giant firecracker with 100 tons of high-explosive strapped firmly to my trousers I too would appreciate the need for someone to have proceeded to check all the bits fitted and worked with pedantic rigour rather than inspired enthusiasm. :-)