HR job hunting / success rate period

Hi all:

Hope you are all well  

I am here to ask professional advices and opinions as to based on your personal experiences/ statistically speaking, what period and month would be least likely to find jobs? I have one year work experience in HR. Currently I’ve had few interviews but no offers as it’s competitive. I’m thinking to go on holiday for one month or two to visit my other relatives , which means if I go now I could either come back in end of December or end of Jan ( beginning of February), if Jan is harder to find jobs I’ll stay there for a longer time until Feb. if not I’ll go back in January. But I assume January is more competitive as new year people are switching to new jobs?

sorry to be pain I’m hoping if I could seek some professional advices or statistics here I can make my decision on flight bookings! Everything needs to plan in advance. 

Thank you in advance

Paula

• January and September are supposed to be the busiest months for job hunters ( post Christmas and summer holidays) if I was looking in certainly wouldn't choose to be away for the whole of January.

Of course with a general election and Brexit no idea if this January will be thriving or dead.
  • In reply to Keith:

Thank you Keith for the prompt reply. I’m surprised January it is. Hmmm interesting.
  • In reply to Paula:

January=new budget year in many When only budgeted jobs can be recruited, waiting until the new budget has taken effect is then the ‘normal’ way of doing things
  • In reply to Ray:

That’s interesting. I’m assuming with my experience it will be categories as the budgeted jobs. But I thought it would mean then more competitions as less jobs were out there?
  • In reply to Paula:

The job need may be there in November or December, but until the budget is approved and takes effect in January there will not be any recruitment for them. Hence more recruitment wil lhappen in the New Year once it is authorised
  • In reply to Ray:

Many thanks Ray. :)
  • In reply to Ray:

Also, people hold off recruitment until after Christmas and New Year so you get those jobs coming onto the market in January too.
  • In reply to Elizabeth Divver:

Thank you. That makes sense
  • In reply to Ray:

I think a lot of roles are advertised this time of year to start lining people up, but nothing gets finalised until Jan.