Tips for HR in Physio or related industry

Hi all

I've got an interview for a new role in a Physiotherapist group. Most of my experience is in manufacturing so this would be a change of industry for me. I appreciate the fundamentals will be the same but I wondered if anyone had any insights/ tips/ advice on the specific challenges in this area? I've been doing some research but any views greatly appreciated. 

Thanks all! 

• Just some thoughts

1) Staff can leave you today and walk into an equally well paid job tomorrow. Its true of most HCPs but particularly true of Physios. Attracting and retaining is challenging.

2) Physios tend to look for some form of CPD and expect it almost as a matter of routine. therefore T&D tend to be really quite important and access to different types of work and opportunities.

3) My observation is that there tend to be two types of Physio - those who are quite independent and possibly entrepreneurial and those who aren't. The former often end up working for themselves although often balancing this initially with part time hours in an employed job. Therefore you need to know what peoples motivations are when you hire then.

4) Part time and flexible working are very common

5) Many Physios leave the NHS or state sector as they do not get enough time (in their view) to add value to patients. They feel constrained by fixed limited hours and limited sessions with any one person. They seek the relative freedom of the private sector - but only if the private sector doesn't then constrain them as much - driving turnover

6) Turnover in many places is probably higher than you would expect