CIPD Qualification Route Help!

I need some guidance from you all if possible.

I consider myself an experienced HR professional and now have the opportunity to underline experience through my new employer.  I spent the last 15 years working in HR at a global insurance company with over 100k employees. Whilst there I worked right up to Global Head of HR level with the last 5 years spent working at Head of level.  In that time I worked on all manner of HR projects, restructures, sales, acquisitions and led large and small teams. I covered HR admin teams, payroll teams, learning, resourcing and majored around projects, analytics and systems. 

I now work as a Principal HR Consultant focused on HR tech and transformation in other companies working for a global HR tech giant. They have offered to pay for me to become qualified as it will only further add to the credibility I gained over the years.

My question is would I be ok doing Level 7? I've found places that will take me on but I wondered about the work involved. I have endless experience to draw on and refer to but how do I evidence it? I no longer work in my old place so if I refer to projects or situations then how could I prove it? My new role is a little different in that I use my experience to help other companies to make decisions.

I know my craft well but how much will I need to get my hands on old evidence to pass the assessments? Any suggestions? I also considered the experienced route but again don't know much about how it works.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Martin 

• Welcome to the communities.

Although I (personally) am not a huge fan the assessment by experience route maybe your best option. I understand it’s not cheap but would be an option for you. You can find more details on this website.

But I also see no reason why you can’t do a level 7 and cite examples from your previous roles.
  • In reply to Keith:

Hi Keith
    Thanks a lot for coming back to me. I think I would prefer the L7 too as it will focus me more on present. A question would be if I'm citing real examples in my assessments, do I need a previous manager to validate them or are they taken as they are? Of course it's all real but I wasn't sure how CIPD would know. I have many experiences to inject so wouldn't want to be told i can't prove them etc. In my new role I don't do things like restructures and org design so I would always have to refer to stuff I've done before.

Thanks again

Martin
  • In reply to Martin:

I think the idea is people will know from what you say and how you say it. If you are doing a L7 course there is no need to get a previous manager to validate that what you are saying is true.
  • In reply to Keith:

Thanks a lot. You've help me decide my route. Have a great new year
  • In reply to Martin:

Hello Martin. Just to add to Keith's information. I am currently doing my Level 7. I would advice, if possible to attend an Open day (if you are looking at attending a college) or call to speak to the Course Coordinator (if your choice is online). I did the first option at the college where I am currently studying and I was able to get first hand information about the module, course structure and requirements for assessment and exams. It is hard work but all the best. Happy New Year.