CIPD Members Survey 2018

I am just completing this and had to take a break!

What are other peoples opinions? On the form, content and length

Given that many HR professionals run opinion surveys in their own organisations how many would subject their organisations to this kind of depth of survey and expect to get a response?

Personally for me its far far too long, asks some pretty leading questions and I struggle to see the good needed coming from it

It could be I am just having a bad day - so colleagues - cheer me up have I got it all wrong on this one?

• It's a little onerous.
  • It was very in depth. But husband was watching football on the telly, so I just got on and completed it and enjoyed a whole pot of proper tea in peace while I did so. Not something I could have done during a busy day in the office or while the grandchildren were running around. Or even when husband is unoccupied as he tends to chat as much as a demented budgie!
  • In reply to Judy Williams:

I was possibly just having a bad day but it did seem to go on forever
  • I'll be honest, I gave up on it.
  • In reply to Samantha:

Not surprising

I think they have decided not to ask me!
  • Not just you having a bad day - I gave up on it; it went on too long, and didn't manage my expectations as to how long it would take.

kind regards,
    Laura
  • I gave up on it. Did try and complete but each time I got to and answered the question regarding 'thinking about renewal of membership' (which I think was almost 50% through) it threw me back to the beginning. Happened 4 or 5 times so gave up entirely.
  • I've not received it, but reading this and the comments I'm thinking may that might be a good thing...
  • In reply to Gemma:

I haven't had it either.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

11 Oct, 2018 08:46

Hi Everyone,

Yes, the survey is long but rest assured that any time spent on it will not be lost. We have a system in place which rotates the questions that in turn enables us to gather feedback to all areas, not just the upfront questions. If you can’t make it to the end, it doesn’t mean we won’t look at the answers.

CIPD hasn't actually sent out an all-member survey since 2016. We are doing this now to help shape the future membership strategy.

The more detail you can share when giving your answers will be appreciated... but not expected.

All comments on the survey itself will be welcomed and noted :)

• In reply to Steve Bridger:

Any idea why many of us seem to have missed it?
  • I too personally found it far too lengthy and convoluted and generally steering away from seeking frank and honest answers to fundamental questions about what CIPD members really think about their organisation. I’ll readily admit that I have my particular hobbyhorses / long-standing agenda in this regard, but I have to say that I don’t feel the survey explored these all that much.
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

I have completed the survey, but mid-way through my first submission I had to close. Luckily my content remained or I may have opted to not complete.

With such a long survey it may have been better to split into more manageable sections.
  • In reply to David:

So Mr Boyd How much do you like the CIPD - A lot or a great deal?
  • In reply to Peter Stanway:

The good old Curate's Egg comes immediately to mind, Peter!