Are any other HR people feeling a bit lonely in all this :(

Hi

Sorry its a self indulgent one.

Just wondering if anyone else is feeling a bit lonely?  I have streams of people coming in to my office concerned about it and asking what our plans are for WFH and sickness and about 101 other queries and being openly worried and I have to sit here and be the cabin crew and exude calmness.  Yet I am just as concerned as everyone else.

Managers and Directors etc look to us for calm, measured guidance and practical advice, and being so close to the 'inner circle' and hearing first hand the impact on the business etc.....very worrying, I'm feeling a bit forgotten about and just wondered if anyone else is feeling the same?  It just feels like sometimes people forget that we count as employees too?  

• Hello Samantha. My name is Augusta and I am from Cyprus. For the time being I work on a voluntary basis in a company in employee relations and I have the same problem. Two days ago, because of these questions and because the company is one of these that had to be open during COVID19 we went with the Health and Safety Officer and spoke to the employees about the protection they should have in order to be healthy. I felt like you as they were asking so many questions... it was only for one day though.
  • Hi Samantha,
    I'm late to the conversation but I can completely relate. All of our staff now work from home, so I get inundated with emails and calls for advice, guidance, help and support which staff and managers value and commend. However, remote working is what it says, remote, particularly where the team is just 2 (includes the Director of HR) so I often feel alone and having to dig deep into my own reserves to self support.
    Few professions are required to have regular 'supervision' as part of their practice and development, offering a safe space to talk about events, feeling, emotions and strategies with an external expert practitioner. As well as being able to network on forums like this, these past month I've found the CIPD mentoring scheme extremely helpful in not only developing my practice but also having that external talk buddy and to help me to remain authentic in my responses.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

10 Sep, 2020 10:55

In reply to Julie Lewars:

I'm so pleased you've found this Community, Julie. We are always here to support, share experience and perspectives, validate your own thinking... and so on.

Mentoring 

• I feel you. It's good you've reached out on this community as what you realize is there are loads of us working in a standalone function.
  • In reply to Jennifer Robinson:

hear hear! feeling this currently - hoping times are better for you atm!