#HRForUkraine - free resources

Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

28 Feb, 2022 21:05

Our thoughts are with the people of Ukraine at this time. We know the news can be overwhelming and many of our members will be concerned about friends, family & colleagues affected.

@sergiocaredda has curated a collection of crowdsourced resources from the HR community to help support the people of Ukraine.

Our Mental Health Guide provides some practical guidance for people managers on facilitating open conversations with colleagues and supporting staff during difficult times.

We’ll continue to monitor the situation and seek ways to support and unite HR professionals around the world - not just in this current crisis, but whenever there is violence or heightened tension in the world.

Do let us know below of any steps you're taking to support your employees - both in the UK, in the region, or elsewhere... and any other resources you come across.

Stay safe and well. #HRForUkraine

• In reply to Steve Bridger:

Thanks Steve
    Is anyone in the community aware of any good on-line resources for managers who may have employees from both sides of a conflict situation working in their teams and need to consider the relationships?

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

1 Mar, 2022 18:30

In reply to Brian Snowdon:

Hi Brian...

It's a good question. We're looking at what we have and what we should provide.

There is some pointers on conflict in a workplace setting in our people managers guide:

www.cipd.co.uk/.../disputes

www.cipd.co.uk/.../workplace-conflict-people-manager-guide

Same subject; different audience... but this is also helpful (especially for those with children)...
    educationhub.blog.gov.uk/.../
  • Hi all,

Following on from the current situation which has already caused devastation for many families and employees within Ukraine, I wanted to ask the following.

We have employees who are on UK contracts of employment and paid via the UK payroll, they have returned to Ukraine to support their families in the current situation. It has since been brought to light that some of these employees are no longer able to leave Ukraine and have been enlisted to support on the border protection and cannot leave the country as they are nationals.

Given the current events the query regarding what this means for our role in HR seems minor considering the future which they will face. However, as the numbers are increasing it has been brought to light of what steps we can take to support given this situation.

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

2 Mar, 2022 10:29

In reply to Annabelle:

Hi Annabelle... I've 'merged' your new thread with this one, as I think this would be a good place to curate the questions members have about the wider impacts of the war - such as yours. Thank you for posting.

We are facing questions like how best to support our employees in "neighbouring" countries like Hungary and Lithuania. Hungary in particular are facing devaluation of their currency with inflation. Has anyone done anything practical in similar circumstances, like adjusting pay to be pegged to the Euro rates or giving an allowance to reduce the impact of the fluctuations for a temporary time?

We have many employees in Hungary that are from Western EU countries and are very tempted to go back "home" for this period of uncertainty. That's a whole different can of worms with legal entities/tax implications/etc and maybe a risk tolerance for the company.

I'd really be interested in quick feedback on ideas or personally connecting with anyone that's done something practical in either/both of these areas.
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

2 Mar, 2022 17:47

Some more useful info here via the team at HR-Inform: www.hr-inform.co.uk/.../supporting-staff-affected-by-events-in-ukraine
  • In reply to Johanna:

Hi Johanna,
    thank you for this useful info. I am currently not a member on HR inform. There is a checklist for HR. Is it possible for you to share this with me?
    Many thanks
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

3 Mar, 2022 15:45

In reply to Nasma:

Hello Nasma, I queried this with our content team and this doc should now be open access to help HR teams at this very challenging time. Please try the link again and you'll need to download the checklist Thumbsup

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

3 Mar, 2022 16:59

In reply to Nasma:

Further to the link that Johanna posted above... that HR-inform piece references a Checklist for the role of HR during the conflict in Ukraine. We've also made that open access... but I've attached the checklist document here anyway. It will hopefully help in supporting employees who are affected by the conflict in Ukraine.  

Do let us know if you find it useful.

Checklist for the role of HR during the conflict in Ukraine.docx

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

8 Mar, 2022 13:58

We've just published a hub for collating resources for employers and line managers to support their people during this Ukraine crisis.

www.cipd.co.uk/.../ukraine-crisis

We'll be adding more as new resources as we learn about them.

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

8 Mar, 2022 15:06

In reply to Steve Bridger:

Just to follow up, we now have a Ukraine Crisis toolkit available on HR-inform bringing together existing and new content.

This has all been made freely available.

www.hr-inform.co.uk/.../ukraine-crisis-toolkit

This is great and really useful, thanks so much.
    one question we have is how (if at all) are HR policies being ammended, extended or created to support employees who look to taking in refugees?
    is anyone giving paid time off or any other adjustments?
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

14 Mar, 2022 20:44

In reply to Sarah:

My hunch would be 'no', but would be interested to hear what others think.

Website publsihed this afternoon.
    homesforukraine.campaign.gov.uk/
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

16 Mar, 2022 09:49

I thought that those of you following this thread might be interested in this free CIPD webinar tomorrow (Thursday).

Supporting your people through times of crisis

Webinar: (Thurs 17 March: 12:00 GMT)

As the crisis in Ukraine continues, people professionals and business leaders are looking at how they can support those affected, whether that impact is physical, economic or psychological. Wider implications for organisations are also being anticipated, and it’s vital that people professionals are on hand to offer the right support to those affected.

zoom.us/.../WN_ekOA6P5NTZ64DH_9J6OIkQ