Where do you advertise HR roles?

I’m curious to hear from the community where you all find the most success in advertising HR roles. 

I’m doing some recruiting in my team (for HR Business Partner and Recruitment Manager roles) and prior to the current recruitment crisis found it pretty easy to get a good number of applicants by using a package of a range of job boards like Guardian Jobs, LinkedIn etc. However for the last year or so it’s been particularly difficult and we’ve only got a few applications for each role. We’ve been able to manage so far by developing the team internally, but there’s now not really any scope to promote people and I’m needing to find some good external applicants.

Personally I know I look for HR vacancies on PM Jobs but we’ve not used it as an organisation before so I haven’t got any data on how successful it might be.

What do you all use to recruit to your own teams?

P.S. We are a charity so I’m sure salary is a factor in the lack of applications, but there isn’t really any scope to change that. Looking at similar roles in the charity sector, we are comparable.

• We primarily use Indeed. Lots of success so far.
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

3 May, 2022 18:01

Hi Katie

Please do chat to the team at PM jobs which is the official job site of the CIPD. They can talk you through what you can expect in terms of applications and success rates. https://pmjobs.cipd.co.uk/
  • You may find success using some of the Third Sector job boards and many of them are very reasonable in terms of cost.
    A lot of HR jobs on LinkedIn seem to have a vast number of applications, so are you sure your adverts are hitting the target audience? I often search for roles similar to those I am recruiting for (not HR) to see if my adverts come up and how they compare.
  • Is it worth looking at Changeboard perhaps? I dont know what they charge but all HR jobs
  • charityjob.co.uk?
  • Hi Katie,

Have you tried posting it on your LinkedIn profile and trying to go through networks? I'm sure there must be plenty of people you're connected with who might know someone particularly as it seems to be tough to recruit in this space?

Thanks!

Alys
  • While we use all the standard job boards (including Charity Jobs as we're also a charity) we have pushed all our roles on social media recently as we've found limited applications coming through usual channels. We have made efforts to push our roles on LinkedIn by using boosted (sponsored) posts as well. When we recently recruited an HR role, our successful candidate came via LinkedIn. However, salary and working from home ability has been a big factor in trying to secure candidates as well.