CIPD study through Avado

Hi all I have come back from maternity leave to be told by Avado that I can't finish my course, when I only had 2 units to go to finish my level 5. Instead they are telling me to start from scratch. I am really struggling with the thought of having to give up yet another year of personal time outside of work to do a course that I have already done, and lose that time with my child. I can't understand how asking me to start from scratch is fair. They also asked me to pay extra money too when I had already paid upfront for a full course. I fought this and they eventually let this go. I feel like the general message here is "well you chose to have a child, this is what you get". I have read of others having the chance to finish their course in the old curriculum by a certain date but this was never offered to me. Avado are being very evasive and not helpful at all. Is there anyone at CIPD I can raise this unfair treatment to. I would assume CIPD would ensure fair treatment to the students in this profession considering we have to uphold certain ethics in our own work in this profession. I would appreciate any guidance. thank you.
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

11 May, 2022 16:12

Hi Emily, I spoke to our Customer Service Manager on your behalf and she'd be happy to arrange a call with you to talk through this situation. Please drop me your contact details and membership no. via digitalcomms@cipd.co.uk thank you. Johanna