Seeking Mentorship

Hello, I'm new to HR and I've learned how useful mentorship can be for someone like me. It's been difficult for me to find someone to help with this. Can anyone point me in the right direction or is anyone here willing to mentor me? Many thanks, Phyllis
  • I am sure I read on LinkedIn that the CIPD had spaces for those looking to be mentored. Might be worth checking their feed on LI or contacting your local branch to see what is on offer.
  • Thank you Steven.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

5 Sep, 2023 15:46

In reply to Steven :

As you say, Steven, best get in touch with a local CIPD Branch if you're looking to be mentored for straightforward career development via the Member Mentoring programme.

... worth also noting that for anyone facing barriers getting into the workforce or developing in the workforce we do have CIPD Trust programmes specifically focused on supporting you - e.g. parent returners, young people, etc.

We also have our Aspiring HRD programme but that's closed for applications currently and due to open in the new year (again with a focus on those facing barriers to progression and from under-represented groups). You can register interest via the dedicated webpage and if you scroll down you can watch a webinar that CIPD hosted last year featuring a mentee/mentor talking about the programme. This is a very popular programme, with more applications than places available and we aim to run two cohorts a year.

https://cipdtrust.org/what-we-do/develop-in-the-people-profession/aspiring-hr-directors/

• Thanks Steve, much appreciated!