Goodbye and Thank you

Dear colleagues

Just a quick note to bid my fond farewell to the Forum. Retirement in 8 days time means that I am unlikely to be in any way active on the Forum moving forwards as I will have far too much to do (according to my dear wife!). Spending time with our 3 month old grandson (our first grandchild) will take centre stage.

This is a special place where posters can feel confident in asking pretty much any question or seek words of advice, and where replies are provided in a supportive, non-judgemental way that demonstrate the huge breath of knowledge and experience that exists amongst Forum members. 

Time to move on to the next chapter(s) in my life, and leave the frustrating, challenging, infuriating, wonderful and stimulating world of human resources behind me.

Thank you for your collective hospitality and I wish you well for your futures.

Kind regards

Bob

• Wishing you a long and fabulous retirement. Thank you for all your contributions over the years.
  • Ah, I will be so sorry to see you go Robert, but completely understand the draw of retirement.

I've always enjoyed reading your posts and very sage advice and you will be a big loss to the forum. I hope you are able to pop in every now and then.

So thank you so much and I wish you a very happy and long retirement, with lots of love, fun and happiness
    Teresa
  • Thank you so much Bob for all of your contributions over the years. I am one of the old (possibly even original?) timers who joined the community many moons ago. You have given so much of your wisdom, insights and time and it has been deeply appreciated.

All the best,

Gemma
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

13 Dec, 2023 15:44

In reply to Gemma:

I can confirm, ... even before  ;)

• In reply to Steve Bridger:

How funny! Thank you for welcoming me back after my few years out ;)
  • In reply to David Perry:

It is quite possible to be retired and contribute. On the other hand if you are saving membership fees...
    Your contributions have always been sound
  • Wishing you a long, healthy and happy retirement. I'm certain you will thoroughly enjoy being a grandparent, what a wonderful role to fulfil. Echoing words from other contributors - your words of wisdom have been so very valuable, and delivered with such clarity. It has been a complete pleasure to both endorse your words and receive approval from your endorsements. We're gonna miss you lots although your posts will remain here for others to benefit. It has been a total pleasure to have shared the forum with you.
  • In reply to Clare Marie:

Wishing you the best life now, Robert! I've always learned from your posts and advice - thank you!
  • Enjoy retirement and grandparenthood Bob, and thank you for providing us with your insights about the frustrating, challenging, infuriating, wonderful and stimulating world of human resources :-)
  • Well... I've just seen this and I'm gutted. Bob's posts have helped me out throughout my HR career. A big loss to the forums!
  • Wishing you the very best Robert