Research participants wanted: Artificial Intelligence adoption and professional identity in Human Resources

Call for research participants: Human Resources professionals

I am conducting a research study as part of my MSc in Organisational and Business Psychology at the University of Liverpool. The study explores how Human Resources professionals who engage with Artificial Intelligence (AI) make sense of AI adoption in relation to their professional identity and work.

Who am I looking for?

You may be eligible to participate if you:

  • are aged 18 or over;
  • currently work in Human Resources or a closely related professional area;
  • are based in the United Kingdom;
  • have direct experience of engaging with Artificial Intelligence through your work. This may include using AI tools, advising on AI adoption, contributing to AI governance, supporting implementation, or adapting Human Resources practices or work in response to AI; and
  • are able to participate in an interview conducted in English.

What would taking part involve?

Participation would involve a single online interview via Microsoft Teams, lasting approximately 60 minutes. The interview would explore your professional experience of Artificial Intelligence, how you think AI may be changing Human Resources work or your role, and how you interpret these changes in relation to your professional identity.

With your consent, the interview would be audio recorded and transcribed using University approved Microsoft services. You would not be asked to disclose confidential organisational information, commercially sensitive information, or identify employers, colleagues or clients.

Is participation confidential?

Yes. Participation is voluntary and confidential. Your name and other identifying information would not appear in the dissertation. Interview transcripts would be anonymised and any quotations used in the dissertation or associated assessment materials would be checked to reduce the risk of identifying you or your organisation.

Your employer, professional body, or any professional network through which you see this invitation will not be informed about whether you choose to participate. There is no payment or reimbursement for taking part.

Interested in taking part?

If you are interested in taking part, please contact me through the CIPD discussion board for more information. 

Ethical approval for this study has been granted by the University of Liverpool Research Ethics Committee

Parents
  • Dear Matt,
    I came across your research on AI adoption and professional identity in HR through the CIPD community and found it closely aligned with my research interests. I am an Assistant Professor of Human Resource Management at Abu Dhabi University. I note that your current study specifically focuses on UK-based HR professionals, so I may not meet the participant eligibility criteria. However, I would be very interested in exploring potential research collaboration with you, particularly the possibility of extending this research to the UAE/GCC context or developing a comparative UK–UAE study.

    I may also have access to institutional research funding support at Abu Dhabi University for collaborative research projects, which could potentially support the development of a broader study if our research interests and objectives align.

    I would be pleased to connect and discuss this possibility further.

    Best wishes,
    Dr. Ahmed Mahade

Reply
  • Dear Matt,
    I came across your research on AI adoption and professional identity in HR through the CIPD community and found it closely aligned with my research interests. I am an Assistant Professor of Human Resource Management at Abu Dhabi University. I note that your current study specifically focuses on UK-based HR professionals, so I may not meet the participant eligibility criteria. However, I would be very interested in exploring potential research collaboration with you, particularly the possibility of extending this research to the UAE/GCC context or developing a comparative UK–UAE study.

    I may also have access to institutional research funding support at Abu Dhabi University for collaborative research projects, which could potentially support the development of a broader study if our research interests and objectives align.

    I would be pleased to connect and discuss this possibility further.

    Best wishes,
    Dr. Ahmed Mahade

Children
No Data