Level 7 CIPD Diploma - difficulties with the learning provider

Dear Fellow HR Heroes

I signed up to progress my qualifications with a Level 7 Strategic People Management Diploma at the beginning of 2023. However the learning provider experience and support has been absolutely terrible and as  result I am at a point where I feel the need to withdraw or defer. Having paid nearly 5K self funded for the diploma I'm reluctant to just give up and withdraw but they are being very unhelpful and one is lucky if they even respond to the query. Its 5 weeks going on back and forth to try and find answers and to get consideration for my reasons for requesting a waivered deferment fee.

My question is. has anyone found themselves in a similar situation? If so any experiential advice? Thank you

• I had a similar issue with DPG when doing my level 5. I asked to speak to their programme director/ most senior person to raise a compliant & I spoke to CIPD to inform them of my concerns. I completed my course with DPG but not the final 2 modules (to get the diploma) because of their internal errors.
  • Hello Valentina

I'm sorry to hear you are having these problems. I work with a CIPD Study Centre - I don't believe you are a student with us - and am sad to see you are having an unhappy time there. I am very happy to speak with you if you would like some support in terms of how we would handle your situation and to explore your options. If that would help do DM me. Best of luck Jackie
  • In reply to Jackie Allen:

Hi Jackie, thanks for your message, I am definitely a student!! I paid nearly 5K to study with the unnamed accredited HR learning provider. I am not sure how to DM you?
  • In reply to Valentina:

Hi Valentina - yes I just meant you are not a student with the study centre I work with. There is a message option if you click on my picture? I have requested to connect so you can hopefully see a message option there. Best wishes Jackie
  • In reply to Felix Williams:

What a shame you didn't complete your Diploma Felix - you may be able to study individual units to get the remaining credits if you want to complete your qualification depending on what you studied.
  • In reply to Jackie Allen:

I am going to do my Level 7 soon, so no need, but thank you!
  • In reply to Felix Williams:

Excellent Felix - enjoy your Level 7 :)
  • Hi Valentina
    I am struggling with my learning provider also for my L7, maybe its the same one?! Having done my L5 as part of an apprenticeship i had thought their provider was bad but they were so much better than this one. If you want to set up a chat i would be happy to try and put our heads together as I am also wondering if to withdraw but financially cannot afford to lose the money.
    All the best
  • In reply to Janine Lewis:

Hi Janine, thank you for the response and yes I would be happy to chat further as I am still in limbo with them despite submitting a request for a deferment and waiver of the fees due to a personal situation that's added to my study situation and still no response and this has been going on for 7 weeks - its very stressful and worrying ....how do we set up a chat?
  • In reply to Janine Lewis:

I'm so "happy" to be reading this. I'm doing Level 5 and I'm also exceptionally unhappy with the learning provider so this is a wider spread phenomenon. This makes me believe that it almost I guess does not matter who you go to and what you will have a bad experience and totally decided after level 5 this is not worthy of persuing - it's so expensive and I keep on telling ICS Learn what exactly am I paying for .... I really wish you all the best of luck at level 7. I feel like with Level 5 at times I'm doing a PhD not a 2nd year at uni type of education...