CIPD Level 5 5C001 - personal examples?

Hi everyone, I'm working my way through the 12 questions for 5C001 and I have also found the word count a struggle. I'm confused about whether I should be providing personal examples from my organisation to support all of my answers. Is this required in every question or only where it asks for it? The word count is really difficult to stick to, even harder if I have to provide examples. I'm finding the writing different to what I was used to at University where this was required. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated please.

Thank you Slight smile

Emma. 

• Hi Emma,

Focus on addressing the key points of the question and providing clear and concise responses (Use indicative content). Remember, quality is more important than quantity, so prioritise relevant content over reaching a specific word count. If you find it difficult to stick to the word count, consider reviewing your answers and trimming down any unnecessary details. It might take some practice, but over time you'll become more comfortable presenting your thoughts within the given words.

Incorporating examples from your organisation can significantly enhance the quality and depth of your responses. Consider doing that where possible.

All the best!
  • In reply to Mike:

I have assumed the word count is the total word count for all 12 questions combined, is this correct?
  • Hi Emma, I am also working through the same unit and have to admit I’ve probably rewritten some questions several times where I’m getting used to the word count and whether to include examples/references and quality of response so I can assure you that you are not alone in this!
  • In reply to Mandy:

Hi Mandy, Yes. Including the headings.