5CO01 - AC 1.3

Hi!

I thought  (prayed!) I had completed 5CO01 but have today failed AC 1.3 - 'Explain the principles of critical thinking including how you apply these to your own and others’ ideas' The feedback says I need to provide two clear principles here and  support my answer with a clear set of examples that relate to these principles. 

Please can anyone guide me on how to answer this please? What are the principles they are referring to as I seem to have misunderstood this. Also what examples can I use? 

Thanks so much

• Hello Lucy,

Firstly don't let a fail let you down, it is quite common for many on a first assignment. So you will want to look at some of the critical thinking models, such as the 5 why's, fishbone diagram, pareto charts etc. It is an analysis of facts, data, observations to come to a rational conclusion on many aspects of implementing a change or business intiaitive.

You could look at the steps 1-4 in Evidence based practice which you will cover in the 2nd assignment anyhow, this is avialable on the CIPD Knowledge hub under Evidence based practice. This further drills into looking at 4 areas of research on Scientific, Business, Professional and stakeholder data and information. But I believe in simplistic terms looking at the critical thinking models and how they could work in your own organisation or you could look at particular case studies if they are easier to analyse.

Hope this helps.