Advice writing assessments - 5co01

I am just starting my level 5 studies and i would really appreciate any help/advice i can get in how i can successfully pass my assessments as i am the type of person who overthinks and i do not want to confuse myself. 

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

9 Apr, 2024 10:27

Hi Amal,

When you get going you can always come to our Community to seek help... but it's always better to provide some detailk about what it is you need some feedback on. 

This might help...

Students: please read before you post 

• Hi Amal,

I would add the following to guide you on your learning journey, learnt from my own experience.

The first thing I do before starting each module is read the guidance that is attached to the core module, it may seem obvious but it provides an idea of what is expected when you come to answering the question.

Secondly, it may seem obvious again but read the question, what is the question asking you to demonstrate, some of the questions have two parts so you need to also answer that. I also like to add in a visual to demonstrate a theory, model, and framework and even add weight to the response by including an example to demonstrate understanding and application of the approach.

Keep within the word count, again seems obvious but I have at times found it tricky to manage.

I would definitely utilise the CIPD website it has absolutely tons of very valuable content on here, it is the first place that I look when trying to find a report, listen to a podcast, read something or mull over an idea or look for evidence to inform my writing.

Be prepared to put the work in, by that spend time researching, reading, analysing, it is a big commitment undertaking this course. I have a master’s degree but was not prepared for the level of work required to pass each module and progress to the next one.

Ask your tutor, I have had very good tutors who respond quickly, provide feedback and are quick turnaround.

Use communities in practice (here) and ask a question, if you are struggling with how to get going, or want to check your thinking this platform is so good, no judgement, and no bias just straightforward help.

Finally, I was like a rabbit in headlights when I started out last year in May, I was completely out of my depth and nearly gave up, but I made the decision to invest in my learning and pay for the course myself, a commitment to me. I am now on the home stretch, I am on the last core module (5CO01) and passed all of them first time, so this course is doable but will take time and effort and a lot of tea!

Hope this helps

Sheila
  • In reply to Sheila :

thank you so much sheila, that was very helpful and i wish you all the best with your last module. i am yet to submit my first assessment but i am hoping to pass all of them from the first attempt too! your response really motivated me to attempt to do that
  • Hi, I am just finishing my Level 3. I have found following the grading grid really useful to write my assessments. I know it seems obvious but really use whatever resources you are provided with as much as you can. Sometimes I rewrote the resources to help me understand better. Good luck.