3CO02 AC 1.4 Help - Last Submission

Hello,

I am on my final submission for this module and I am really struggling, I've contacted the ICS tutors but they've been rather unhelpful.

I have been asked to resubmit AC 1.4 with the following feedback:

"Check your calculations for average length of service. Before adding each length of service together, you might find it useful to convert it to months, i,e., convert 3 years 2 months to 38 months" 

I converted to months and added to a table showing the calculation (i.e. 38÷number of people in team = ave length of service for this team). I then created a graph also displaying this information, however when I've asked for feedback I've been told I now need to convert this back to years & months. Does this just apply to how the information is displayed in the graph or the table too? Confused as the data is originally in years and months, so unsure what is being asked of me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

• It sounds like when you have got your average figure in months, you need to convert that back to years and months, so if you average in months was 53 months, you'd convert that back to 4 years 5 months.
  • In reply to Jacqueline:

Hi Jacqueline, thank you for taking the time to reply. I'm now converting back to years & months, however for 7 years 11.41 months for example - would this round to 7 years 11 months or 8 years? Just a bit confused on what to do with the decimal places after some months (i.e. 1 year 9.33 months) as I don't believe you can use decimals for the months.

• In reply to Alice:

Generally the principle is that for less than 0.5 you round down and for 0.5 or more you round up.