CIPD L7 Strategic People Management

Hello, 

I started the CIPD L7 Advanced last and finding it challenging with balancing, home famlly life, working full time and attending college 1-9pm each week.  Any tips on studying and time management tips would be appreciated.

• Hi Natasha, using time management techniques like Pomodora Technique work for me. I do the most important thing, even if hard, first. Focusing on the outcome for each time block. Finding a ‘study mode’ trigger is also helpful for me, a particular piece of music , particular study place and or study time so it become routine.

Hope this helps Blush

www.usemotion.com/.../time-management-techniques
  • In reply to Vanessa:

Thank you Vanessa. This is very helpful.
  • Hi, I am also a working mother and I am a life long learner. I get up early and take 15 to 20 minutes power nap after lunch. It helps me to stay productive till 11pm.
  • Be realistic about the time you have available Natasha otherwise you will feel like you're failing before you've even begun. I read over breakfast time (usually only a chapter or two) and whenever I was waiting in the car for family. I always had sticky notes to tag anything of interest if it was in paper format and bookmarked anything and everything so that I didn't waste time searching back for things. Find yourself a study buddy and use this site to connect with like-minded colleagues. Be kind to yourself, remember there is an end in sight. Would your workplace offer study leave of any kind or could you use annual leave for a few hours if there's a particular assignment deadline. I used to avoid late night working as it was usually unproductive for me. Set schedules with family and friends and get them to help you - my children knew when they could/couldn't disturb me. Good luck