L5 - just starting the course

Hi! Thought I'd add a post to say hello, and see who is also at the beginning of their L5 qual! I'm not sure if my name populates as my username, so if it doesn't, I'd welcome guidance on how to update that. It would be great to learn any hints and tips, useful websites or guidance you've found valuable so far. In the meantime, hello from me. Carla!
  • Hi Carla. I'm getting towards the end of L7, so I'm not really familiar with your syllabus, but I recommend the behavioural science articles on the CIPD website, Peter Cheese's new way of work (its good on the external context, technology etc) and critical thinking skills by stella cottrell. THe CIPD short courses (www.cipd.org/.../) are also pretty handy if you get sick of reading and fancy something more interactive and I like ED&I so i enjoyed sheree atcheson's demanding more. Take care. Mel
  • Hi Mel - well done on your achievement so far! Thank you for those useful resources. Even this portal has been insightful, as I'll take 15 mins to scroll through and read all the discussions. Unfortunately the link you added didn't work, but after a short search I think I'm looking for the free short (essential) courses? Also, do you happen to know if there is a thread where people are happy to share their LinkedIn page to build up their network?
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

15 Nov, 2023 14:27

Hi Carla!

Please follow these steps...

Changing your 'preferred name' 

You can add your LinkedIn profile to your Community profile (the avatar at the top right of this page)

• Hi Steve - thanks, I've updated my name successfully, so I'll try adding my LinkedIn profile too!
  • Hi Carla, I'm Natasha, just starting out on my CIPD L5 course too! I'm completing mine on demand so no real structure to my course. Just lots of research and reading the material provided. Hope you get on ok with yours. Do you mind if I follow this chat? to find out any hints and tips, useful websites etc :)