Moving from Learning Partner to the next level...

Hey

I’m currently an Learning Partner within a large organisation delivering leadership courses for our managers.

However I’m “implementing” not helping produce material for the courses or being involved in the longer term more strategic decisions of our business.

My previous experience has been as a HR generalist giving advice and support to our organisation again rather than having influence on where our business moves forward.

How do I show that I’m ready for the next level such as Head of HR or head of L&D without such experience,

I’m currently also completing my Level 7

Any suggestions on career move next?

Thanks

Emma

• Hi Emma,
    It sounds like you're very much doing the doing rather than planning the doing. The next step would be the more strategic role which presents a whole new set of challenges. I'd be interested to learn more about what a Learning Partner actually means in your organisation.
    Thanks
    Mike
  • Is there any element of evaluation you are currently involved in, or could get involved with .... or introduce if it's not already in place? Reviewing how learners feel about the different elements and aspects of your programmes could inform future delivery. For example if feedback and survey evidence from learners indicate different approaches or additional features would be beneficial to them you could offer to contribute the next strategic stage of developing and piloting evidence-based improvements to leadership and management programmes.