Ways to boost Employee Relations experiences

Dear everyone,

I am seeking advices on how to boost experiences in the area of Employee Relations, I have a couple broadly however not a significant amount, often the limited experiences in ER has been the main reason I was not successful as a finalist from an interview ( as a HR generalist or HR advisor), I’m perhaps seeking to lower my requirements a bit when it comes to job hunting, but also wondering are there many other ways to boost ER experiences (even voluntaril)y? I.e does CIPD offers the opportunities to do so ?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much in advance. 

Regards,

Paula

• Is there a local charity that might benefit from some voluntary work to help their relations between volunteers and the charities board and could get you the provable experience ?
  • In reply to Ian:

Thank you Ian for the reply. Did you mean charity shops such as Oxfam? Do you mind to elaborate - a while since I have been doing charity work!
  • In reply to Paula:

Well they are likely to big an organisation but actually any charity that relies on a large number of volunteers has need for good relations between them and the charity itself and many of them can't afford the expertise. Not just those with a retail front end

I am sure if you ask local at any business networking event someone will point you at an organisation who would be glad of the help
  • In reply to Ian:

Thank you Ian. Much appreciated for the tip!
  • In reply to Ian:

Hello Ian. Hope you are well? Following the same question, Do you think right now it’s a good idea to approach the organizations for the experiences gaining as its towards the Christmas?
  • In reply to Paula:

Try Reach Volunteering - I've used this for volunteering positions before. Charities looking for volunteers with professional skills such as HR can advertise their positions on there.
  • In reply to Paula:

Sorry - the answer is "it depends".

Like in all things some orgs will be flat out pre xmas, others will have time to spare.