What CIPD should I enroll on?

Hi 

I currently work as a Campus Recruiter in London for a company that has little/no HR function. As a result of this I have been doing all the on boarding/L&D for all of my graduates and interns. This is everything from signing their contract onwards, including pre joining information, first day, regular catch ups, graduate training courses, exit interviews when interns leave, satisfaction surveys and more.

I have really enjoyed these three aspects of my role so I am looking to develop my skills in these areas. It seems the best route would be to undergo a CIPD qualification. I am not overly interested in many/any other areas of HR, apart from maybe Employee Engagement.

Can anyone help? I would have to study part time, preferably evenings as I will be continuing work. I have an undergraduate degree in Economics.

Thanks in advance.

Beth

• Hi Beth

I think it depends which road you want to go down - L & D or HR? I did the Level 3 HRP through a company called DPG plc and I thought they were great. They also do the Level 3 L & D, so might be worth having a look at them and other providers to see which course is going to suit you best.

With your study history, you could probably go straight to Level 5 or beyond, but you might miss out on a lot by doing that.

The course I did with DPG was mostly on-line with 6 or so workshops which were in my area and tended to take place monthly and I believe the format is the same for the L & D course.

Hope that helps a little.

Ishbel