CIPD Level 5 - UIN5 - Using information in HR

Hi All 

Is anyone currently studying UIN5 or has studied this recently? I am really really struggling with this subject and i'm getting quite upset that i can get my head around it. I have already completed 3 assignments for my level 5 and although they have all be challenging i have been able to understand the purpose and goal and produce what i feel is a high quality piece of work but this module seems to have gone completely over my head so much so that i cant even think of a subject to investigate.

Does anyone have any advice on the following:

• Creating a research question in relation employee health an well being? 
  • Examples of 4 different information resources i should use for my critical review? I think i know what i need to do for this bit but i would be interested to know if your suggestions are the same as what i think is suitable. 
  • What are some different research methods i could compare? 

My tutor has gone over all these things but i have had a very busy and stressful month since the new year and my concentration levels and information intake has been lacking. I would be really grateful on any steer you could give me. 

Thank you so much in advance. 

• Hi Victoria,

How have you got on with this since your post? I completed my 5UIN in January, but it sounds as though my assignment was a little different to yours - I'm studying with ICS.

Let me know if you're still working on it, I did my proposal on employee retention, specifically in the education sector, but I might be able to help with some of your questions.

Jodie
  • I just looked at my assignment for a few years ago and doesn't look like it is the same discussion points as yours.
    Hopefully you completed it now, sorry I can't be of any further help.
  • Hi There, I have completed this one and I picked up one of our policies at work to critically review and make recommendations on. If you would like to leave your email address, I can mail you directly with some tips or information you could use (along with some slides that were sent to me from the tutor) - Cliff
  • In reply to Cliff:

Hi Cliff - I would love to have some of the slides sent from your tutor.

My email is katieemairs@gmail.com
  • In reply to Cliff:

Hi Cliff,

I hope you're well.

Sorry this is a bit of a late ask, any chance you can send over some tips and information to me? My email address is s.danaa21@gmail.com.

Thank you.
  • In reply to Saadiyah:

Hi There, I have emailed you but its been returned. What module are you working on and do you have an alternative email address
  • In reply to Cliff:

Hi Cliff,

Sorry that's really strange, you can send it to saadiyah.d@gmail.com
    I'm working on the same module, I'm not so much as stuck yet, but I know I would definitely benefit from some extra tips!

Thank you so much!
  • Hi Cliff,

I have just started on this unit, could you also send it to me please?

My email is: rasamilciute@gmail.com

Thank you in advance
  • In reply to Saadiyah:

Emailed over Saadiyah :)
  • In reply to Rasa:

Emailed over Rasa
  • In reply to Katie:

Emailed over Katie
  • Hello Cliff,

I’m on this unit currently and would appreciate any tips I can get to help me struggle less. onochie.amakaa@gmail.com

Thank you.
  • In reply to Amaka Onochie:

Hi There, emailed over to you
  • In reply to Jodie:

Hi Jodie
    I'm also with ICS and starting on 5UIN. I have to admit it was always the module that appealed least to me, but I now only have this one to complete so got to do it now! I'm also covering recruitment and retention in teaching as my subject, but finding the literature review section difficult to get started on. Did you use education specific literature sources or a mix of general and specific? I'm finding this hard to kick off so grateful for any advice. Thanks
  • In reply to Joanne:

Hi Joanne,
    Typically it was only 2 days ago I deleted the assignment from my phone and the original is on an old laptop so it may take me a while to dig it out!
    I do know that I also struggled and actually had a chat with my tutor about it - he said that it showed there was need for new research and added weight to the rest of the assignment but it did make it tricky to write the Lit review!
    Jodie