Website referencing help - ICS

Looks like my referencing has lost me marks, particular  my websites ....

I've followed the guide from ICS but I'm still struggling to get my head around it, would the below be correct...

I am quoting from Deloitte's website (bold what is directly from website)

Advances in technology can improve overall performance of the business, according to a recent study by Deloitte “the rise of automated and machine controlled workflows have the potential to disrupt HR departments. For instance, machine learning may replace or enhance increasingly complex HR-related tasks while cloud storage can lead to more flexibility”

I feel like it should read Deloitte (2019) or have some kind of date. What if I can't find the date it was published?

Website referencing:

Deloitte https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/de/Documents/strategy/Future-of-Human-Resources-2030-Deloitte-Glimpse-Paper.PDF [accessed 28/03/2019] - does this read correctly?

Sorry I know this is back to basics but my tutor seems to be very strict with the referencing for this assignment compared to my previous submissions!  

Thank you :)

• Hi Monika, I found my tutor was also very strict with referencing. When i came across a scenario like this, i referenced it at the bottom of the assignment along with the link.
  • I would ask your tutor.

When I did an MBA, we were briefed on the referencing convention we were expected to use. Your educational establishment should not leave you in the dark as to their preference.
  • Hi Monika

I believe that for websites (where you can't find a specific date posted) you just use the current year as the date. Worth googling Harvard referencing as there are more comprehensive guides out there than what is available on the ICS website.

If you're struggling with referencing, I would suggest using an online citation manager. I use MyBib, but there are loads out there and take the pain out referencing

Hope that helps :)
  • Hi Monika

I believe that for websites (where you can't find a specific date posted) you just use the current year as the date. Worth googling Harvard referencing as there are more comprehensive guides out there than what is available on the ICS website.

If you're struggling with referencing, I would suggest using an online citation manager. I use MyBib, but there are loads out there and take the pain out referencing

Hope that helps :)
  • Hi, I use n.d. for Harvard referencing. ICS do have referencing guidelines, however if you are stuck most Universities have Harvard referencing guides online that cover most scenarios and can be found on a google search. I would also include that the reference is online in your bibliography.
  • The paper provides the naes of 3 contacts - have you contacted them?
  • The paper has been written by a specific person therefore rather than Deloitte (2019) in the text you need to use the person's name i. e. Surname, initial. (year) then in your referening section use the same but also include the name of the paper, the web address and when you last accessed it.
  • * Referencing