CIPD 3 - CIPD 5

Hi all!

After 8 years as manager in hospitality industry (supervisor, AGM, Restauratn GM), I have decided to move into HR. After my last years here in London doing inductions, planning and doing trainings, solving staff issues, furloughs... I know this is where really I want to be.

My big question here is: should I go for CIPD 3 or 5? I am aware that L5 will be more demanding than L3, I just want to make sure I go into the right level to start with as I never hold an HR position before.

Hope you can help me decide!

Thank you all and have a great 2022!

Oscar

• Hey Oscar,
    Hope you're well.

Unlike previously, the new Level 3 qualification doesn't lead to Associateship with the CIPD; only the Level 5 qualification offers that. But that isn't the only thing employers looks for, so it's not the end of the world.

I suppose the question is, when did you last study?

I didn't find Level 5 too challenging - more the learning provider, than the course content - and if you have a degree, you should be in a good place to undertake it.
  • In reply to Alex:

Hi Alex,
    Thank you for your time to reply my post and your feedback.
    Last time I studied was 10 years ago... and is L3 no needes in aim to have a good understanding of HR?

Sorry for the silly questions but I just want to make sure I get the right level for me.
  • In reply to Oscar:

This might help: www.icslearn.co.uk/.../