FCIPD

Morning all

I applied for FCIPD status and had an interview last September but was unsuccessful. A lot of this was to do with the limited time I had had within my company. The feedback was around not enough evidence of creating and implementing long term people strategy across a range of people practices with evidence of the impact and value created and sustained over a period of years.

I would really like to reapply and feel I am in a better position to obtain FCIPD now.

Does anyone have any advice on going forward and reapplying?

thanks 

Gemma

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

2 Aug, 2024 14:38

Hi Gemma,

I assume you are going through the upgrading process. Not sure if you've seen this video to aid prep?

You can also always email memupgrading@cipd.co.uk and ask for some advice re the 'evidence' element. They may not be able to be specific but could give you some general direction. 

Good luck and stick with it!

• Maggie

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

6 Aug, 2024 13:42

Hi Gemma
    I’m sorry you were not successful the first time around but great news you feel you are in a better position to reapply.

As a CIPD assessor my advice would be to focus on examples where you can showcase your involvement at a strategic level within your Organisation and the value your work has created for your stakeholders. At Chartered Fellow you will need to demonstrate tangible impact over the long term, either what has already been achieved, or the intended impact that your work will have. I suggest you have some metrics ready to share with your assessor to demonstrate the value add of the examples you want to share as well as some qualitative evidence. If your examples are quite specific, for example, you developed a new recruitment or L&D strategy, make sure you can explain how the organisation’s vision and strategy was reflected in your approach, and how you integrated it with other people practices. This will mean you can demonstrate a joined– up strategic approach and increased impact for your organisation.

Remind yourself of the Chartered Fellow membership standards and be prepared to provide examples of your work to show how you meet them. Be prepared to share examples of HR / people strategies, projects, approaches that you have created, designed and/or implemented over the last 5 years

Hope this helps

Maggie
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

6 Aug, 2024 13:47

In reply to Maggie:

Thanks,  - you're a star.

• In reply to Maggie:

thank you! Sorry for not replying sooner, i didnt get notified.
    I will prep and pull together some metrics, thank you :)