Very impressed by the latest People Management magazine!

Previously, for reasons I won't go into, I choose not to receive  the PM (People Management) magazine in either the physical or digital format.

A confidante convinced me that I should change this stance and I'm glad I listened!

The magazine is very well written and not as stuffy or purely academically focussed as I expected it to be (or my memory suggests it was previously, not sure).

Even for someone like myself who is currently not working in HR (but wants to do so again) I found the subject matter engaging and enjoyable to read.

In short if you don't receive the PM magazine yourself then I humbly suggest you reconsider that decision!

This only my 3rd post on the forum

• I subscribe to a number of industry publications and get to see more from family and colleagues and have to say that PM has, for years, been one of the most consistently interesting, practical, well-written and entertaining of the lot. So, welcome back! I don't know how long it is since you last read it, but you've missed some great material over the years.
  • In reply to Robey:

I would easily say it's been about 5 years.
    At least.

Thanks for the (re)welcome
  • I would agree. I think it's a great magazine. It wasn't so relevant to me when I was working overseas, but I still found it an interesting read and was bemused and disappointed to see my HR colleagues typically chuck them in the bin unread still in their plastic wrappers.

I've sadly missed the last few issues because they were sent to my old address overseas before I had chance to update my details. I was hoping this month might be my first issue back in the UK but no sign yet.
  • In reply to Lesley:

Could you not maybe access them electronically?
  • Hmm - I used to get the mag but now don't. Can anyone point me to where I can get it? Is there a digital version?
  • In reply to Joanne O'Hagan:

I'm pretty sure if you go into your own account you can specify physical, digital or no subscription.
  • In reply to James Webber:

Thank you for the tip James. I wouldn't have known otherwise and, like Joanne, I used to get the magazine but then didn't so it is good to know I can log on and change this back.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

22 Jul, 2020 10:04

In reply to James Webber:

Seconded.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

22 Jul, 2020 10:26

Thank you for your comments. I've shared this thread with Jenny Roper, the Editor.
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

27 Jul, 2020 09:44

In reply to James Webber:

Yes we produced a digital 'page turner' for over the Covid period as many people were getting their PMs sent to their office and of course have been home working. Here's a link to the latest anti racism edition: cloud.3dissue.com/.../index.html