** You may notice some changes here... **

Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

1 Feb, 2022 11:01

Dear Community Members!

We updated the community platform overnight on 31st Jan/1st Feb. 

Most of the changes are hidden away from view in the 'backend', but you may notice some cosmetic improvements, too.

Most importantly, we are trialling a 'threaded post' view in one group - here.

Please let us know what you think.

• In reply to Annabel:

Please please sort out the logging in issue!

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

4 Feb, 2022 10:18

In reply to Robey:

Hi Robey - there is an issue with notifications that we're trying to fix. Apologies. 

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

4 Feb, 2022 10:19

In reply to Jacqueline:

Hi Jackie - we have )I hope) identified the source of the problem with the login. That should now work as before. 

(It worked for you eventually as you managed to post under your name??)

• Not yet, I'm afraid Steve - I do keep trying every hour or so. I'm posting from the app right now after our conversation on Tuesday reminded me to download it to my new phone! Rofl
  • In reply to Jacqueline:

Fixed it!  Realised that the problem was only on my work laptop (logged in via my desktop yesterday) so cleared my cookies for the last week and solved the problem.

• In reply to Steve Bridger:

The secret is to clear cookies....

• Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

4 Feb, 2022 13:19

In reply to Annabel:

Apologies Annabel - our developer and tech leads are working as we speak to fix this. One temporary workaround appears to be to log in to the main CIPD website and then navigate to the Community (I pin the page on Chrome so it's easy to find) - rather than logging on via the Community itself if that makes sense.  has had some success with clearing her cookies too. We'll update with any more news and in the meantime, thank you for your patience. The App seems to be working ok as an alternative.

• In reply to Jacqueline:

The only way to log on to Communities just now is to do so via logging onto the main CIPD Website - tried clearing cookies which caused a raft of problems with other applications, but it's no different. 

Whilst glitches happen, they seem to happen constantly here?

• Initially had problem logging in but that seems to be resolved. Having issues still with notifications - saying I have 99!. Also I seem to have lost tje facility to 'like' a response to any posting. 

• In reply to Susan May:

Sorry, please ignore my comment on not being able to 'like' a posting. Just seen and realised that there are now up and down arrows for this function rather than previous which was to just click on the  button clearly marked 'like'.

• I cannot log in to the Community site directly, only to the main site. My notifications have disappeared, replaced by 700+ from the whole of the site and every section.. My "discussions of note" contributions and all wikis seem to have vanished. My personal profile also seems to no longer link to my login, my PMs are all showing as unread, none of the links I have contributed to seem to be on the discussions list any longer and nothing else seems to work either. Have Roy Rogers and John Wayne been let loose in the IT department again?

I really do not want to spend the next five days correcting whatever is causing these problems, I played that game last time, and the time before and I don't see why any of us should have to become unpaid IT technicians to put right what someone else is no doubt being paid handsomely to provide. Enough really is enough.

P

• In reply to Susan May:

Me again. Following my post re not having a 'like' button and then seeing the up and down arrows and realising what they were for.

This morning I can see these arrows on some responses but they are not tbere on the most recent post (the one headed 'would you work for a start up company - sorry forgot  posters name).

When there are the up and down arrows visible if I click on the up button a pop-up window appears telling me that 'log in successful'. However, when looking again at the post it does show that I have 'liked' it.

I also noticed, although they have since been removed, that once again the changes your IT made allowed in 'spam/spoof' (?) emails E.g. the ones offering bogus qualifications etc. Surely this has happened so often when making changed that your IT now know about this issue yet time and again do not take it into consideration when making changes

I am beginning to feel the same as Peter regarding the faffing around at what appears to be every time your IT try to change things. This is one reason why I will not use the CIPD app - I have absolutely no faith in your IT.

• Hi,

I just tried to create a new post in one of the other forum groups but when I click on 'Start new post' it says 'Page not found' - can you help?

• In reply to Peter:

....and can we please have font sizes that can be read without a magnifying glass?

• Hello

i have just downloaded the community app and I am having trouble logging in? I’m using the same log in I use for the desktop version is this correct?

many thanks 

maryanne