** You may notice some changes here... **

Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

1 Feb, 2022 11:01

Dear Community Members!

We updated the community platform overnight on 31st Jan/1st Feb. 

Most of the changes are hidden away from view in the 'backend', but you may notice some cosmetic improvements, too.

Most importantly, we are trialling a 'threaded post' view in one group - here.

Please let us know what you think.

• Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

7 Feb, 2022 09:51

In reply to Susan May:

Hi Susan, we're only experimenting with the loss of the 'like' function and the replacement of the voting up or down here in the 'feedback' part of the Community. On the other threads on this Community you'll still see the 'like' option. Interested if you have any feedback on this? Thanks!

• In reply to Johanna:

Thanks, that was working for me either!  Was logged onto main site but when I went to Community it wanted me to log in again - which wouldn't work!  Fingers crossed it's better now

• In reply to Johanna:

Good morning

I did notice that some postings still had the original like button whilst others had arrows. My preference would be for the like button but can understand if some would prefer the new version. Just a suggestion but if you are going to change then perhaps use the thumb up and thumb down button to make it clearer?

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

7 Feb, 2022 11:01

In reply to Peter:

Hi Peter - your posts of note are saved and will be reinstated in a new part of the Community I am working on. 

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

7 Feb, 2022 11:02

In reply to Cass Clothier:

Hi Cass - which forum was that, please? I need a bit more of a steer. Thanks.

• In reply to Peter:

Still (Chrome Browser / Windows 10) getting logged out of Communities Site despite still being shown as logged into CIPD site generally. If I log out of main CIPD site then log in to it again it seems to log me back into Communities but that login for some reason does not last more than a few hours. 

Having to mess around with all this is very frustrating and as I and others have mentioned  before, by no means the first time these website 'developers' seem to have caused havoc.

• Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

7 Feb, 2022 17:32

In reply to Susan May:

I agree - it's not that intuitive. We may well revert back to the likes instead of the votes - this thread is a trial of it. Thanks for your thoughts on it Susan and thanks for your patience while we work through these teething problems. 

• In reply to David:

Happened to me too, again, this morning. But, on the plus side, the widget seems to be working properly and I wasn't greeted with several dozen notifications I had already previously dismissed, so my personal notification settings seem to be back to normal.

• In reply to Annabel:

Great, login still not working properly!  Not convinced about the whole "you won't notice much" thing, surely this shouldn't keep happening?

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

9 Feb, 2022 12:41

In reply to Annabel:

Hi Annabel - thanks for taking the call from a member of the team earlier. We want to support members throuygh this glitchy period, if we can. We're working on some fixes as a matter of urgency!

• Still not logging in correctly, having to re-login every time and drowning in notifications from "subscriptions" for threads I have no contact with or interest in, so have taken David's advice and cleared the lot!

It would help if we knew what the changes were supposed to do and how to work with them, just bunging in a load of new titles like "subscriptions" that do I don't know what! (Other then losing all the threads I was contributing to in a maze of "stuff" about comps' and bens' or questions about answers to level 5).

There seem to be a load of new options/directions but not a word of what they do (or are supposed to), and I totally disagree with the new up/down  "like/dislike" choice. If I don't agree with something someone has posed I can and should offer my own opinion or confront theirs with explanation of mine, not just simply "dislike" what they have said. That is how animosity and Trolling starts and on a professional site I do not find that at all acceptable.

I now feel completely out of place and uncomfortable even trying to pick my way onto the site, never mind contributing to it. If this is the direction we are going, then maybe it really is time I let go and left you all to it. I have always advocated change as a dynamic progress, not a series of step-changes to struggle over and I think this time the bewildering step is just to high for the old dinosaur's legs. I contribute here to offer back what I can to our profession, not to feel out of place and deluged with random comments and unsolicited material, or to spend hours trying to find, or offer, some comment or submission I have an interest in or might usefully contribute to.

Disappointing. Sorry.

P.

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

9 Feb, 2022 16:41

In reply to Peter:

Hi Peter - there't a lot there fior us to digest, and I think the voting up/down sits uncomfortably with us, too and I think we will chnage it. To be fair, we're trialling this new functionality in this Group only. All the other groups remain the same.

I'm confused you've been deluged with notifications as we have turned these off completely for the time being. You should not have received a single email notification.

The increase in point size when composing posts will be pushed through to this live site in the next day or so.

I'll be posting about the login workaround... but we hope to have this fixed shortly, too.

• Hi

I can access the international forum but when I click on 'start new post' it says 'page not found' Disappointed

• Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

10 Feb, 2022 09:36

In reply to Cass Clothier:

I see what you are referring to Cass: thank you - we'll get this fixed.

• For what it's worth, I really don't like this threaded idea.  The older way was so much easier to read and to immediately be able to see new responses.  What was the improvement that it was hoped this would bring, as I may be missing something?