Help us improve People Management magazine

Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

16 Mar, 2022 15:41

As part of our continued effort to better your experience with the CIPD we would like to hear your feedback about our People Management magazine. Your feedback will help us to make improvements to the magazine and the website and ensure that the content meets your needs.

The team here have put together a short survey that gives you an opportunity to share your feedback.

There are no right or wrong answers - we’re looking to get your genuine, honest responses.

As a thank you for completing this survey, you’ll be entered into a prize draw to win one of three £100 John Lewis vouchers.

Please note that this survey will close on Sunday 27th March.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/KYTBMXL?CN=%25%25CONTACT_NO_INTG%25%25

Thank you!

• Started off OK but the survey got far too intrusive and the questions ended up not really about the views on PM Magazine but general data mining for purchasing power type info. Disappointing over step IMO. I didn't finish survey.

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

16 Mar, 2022 16:14

In reply to Keith:

Noted. I'll pass on, Keith.

• In reply to Steve Bridger:

On another topic but notice we're still doing threads.... thought we were binning them?

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

16 Mar, 2022 16:42

In reply to Annabel:

Only in this group... continuing the trial. We did bin the up/down voting 'arrows' though... and brought back the 'Like' feature. Still don't like? :)

IMHO little point in continuing trial of something I thought most users recoiled at

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

16 Mar, 2022 20:05

In reply to David:

Threaded posts? I haven't had much feedback at all, tbh David... but yes, there was a feeling perhaps that it was difficult to see what the most recent response was[?]

there was lots of feedback that people didn't like it and when I asked what was the problem it was hoped they would solve, there didn't seem to be one...  

• In reply to Annabel:

Yes, to me anyhow, the separate discussion topics are entirely clear and subdividing them even further into these threads isn’t at all necessarily and removes the facility readily to see the latest comment on the matter.

If ain’t broken, why on earth try to fix it? perhaps.

• Hi Steve

Have completed, but think this was a missed opportunity for constructive feedback. As Keith says, this isn't really asking about views on PM.

I personally find some of the PM articles/editorial disappointing/frustrating, one improvement would be to have the chance to comment (although appreciate moderation of comments can be a resource challenge).

Joe

• Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

17 Mar, 2022 10:24

In reply to Keith:

Hi Keith, thanks for taking the time to contribute to the survey & I’ve passed on your comments. This is an annual survey that we run to get feedback on all aspects on People Management magazine, to ensure that it’s as relevant as possible to our members. The majority of the questions are not obligatory, apart from those necessary to lead people through the correct route in the survey based on their responses, so please feel free to skip a question if you would prefer not to answer it.

• Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

17 Mar, 2022 11:14

In reply to Annabel:

Hi Annabel - it was part of our software upgrade for this Community platform and we had the option to trial it. So we are currently trialing it in this Feedback group only. So far I haven't seen too many people in favour! We'll discuss with our project team and decide on next steps. 

• Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

17 Mar, 2022 11:16

In reply to Joe :

Thanks for taking the time to complete the survey Joe. I've passed on your comments to the relevant team. By the comment facility (or lack of) presuming you mean via PM online against the articles?

• In reply to Johanna:

Thanks Johanna, and yes, the chance to comment on PM online against articles