Does CIPD no longer give access to Perkbox to members?

Hi 

I have been advised that this platform is no longer accessible to CIPD members - please can you advise?

Thanks

• In reply to Steve Bridger:

Hi Steve,
    Thank you for providing an update to my initial enquiry. Is this now the final say on the matter or is there potential for the CIPD to review this? I'm thinking of benefits such as discounts etc

• In reply to Annabel:

Speaking personally, Annabel, couldn't agree more about the providing and receiving aspects!!
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

8 Oct, 2021 15:42

In reply to David:

I agree... but I was responding to Susan, and simply stated "Many members who regularly use this Community tell me this is one of their most valued member benefits." Which is true.

It’s a real value benefit to me and has saved me £1000's over the years, why such the short notice? I am on my local branch committee, given how this communication has been poorly managed by the CIPD ( who are always preaching about best practice) I don't think I can recommended people to join anymore. I have added a comment on LinkedIn which has some responses, one was the CIPD asked members in a survey, no one I know was asked.
  • This would be why every time i contacted them to ask about this i was passed from pillar to post and nobody gave me an answer. Except i keep getting perkbox emails but no access.
  • There is a disappointing lack of "personal" benefits offered by the CIPD. Yes the Community is fantastic and the helpline useful on the handful of times I use it. But for the cost of membership (which does seem to keep going up) CIPD could definitely offer more. If it wasn't for the fact that my employer lets me expense my membership every year I would probably be assessing if I maintained it.
  • In reply to Gemma:

There's a lot of disappointment being expressed on Linkedin about this as well, and a disappointing lack of comment from the CIPD such as why the decision was made so quickly and with no communication. One thing we can be sure of though is that our membership fees will increase again next year.
  • I didn't even know it was a benefit offered by the CIPD.
  • Hi there if you have vouchers on the perkbox platform with monetary value remaining how do you access these please.

I do not remember receiving notice this was closing down?

As I would have downloaded the voucher.

Thanks

• In reply to Laura:

Hi Laura

Checked back on my own notification about it and there were two direct from Perkbox sent to me, so at least they tried generally but unfortunate if they missed you. This was gist of main one, which you may have seen on their website but in case not:

help.perkbox.com/.../5595855-my-cipd-account-is-closing
  • In reply to David:

Thanks David, thats really helpful. I didn't get this message so thanks for sending.

It's such a shame as it was a really good benefit to the membership. I used it all the time.

Regards
    Laura

It is still a shame to lose this benefit. As some members have already said, this was one of the few benefits that I actually used. I would use the HR inform but even with the discount find it too much to take it up personally.
  • Is an alternative discount provider being found for this year?  I regularly used Perkbox and it has been a great loss to myself and my family, especially over the Christmas period.  I finally decided this year to not renew my CMI membership as I wasn't gaining anything apart from letters at the end of my name, but it has made me think now with the loss of Perkbox what value am I really getting from my membership.

• Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

17 Feb, 2022 16:20

In reply to Heather:

Hi Heather - we're now focusing on benefits to support your professional career, also with a focus on personal wellbeing. We found that the majority of members were not using Perkbox, although as in your case, there were exceptions; we're sorry you're missing the benefits it brought to you. It was also not a very inclusive 'perk' because student and international members could not benefit (under Perkbox's terms).

Our members have generally fed back via various CIPD surveys that professional career support is what they value most and want to see more of. So for example we've been running a series of free, half-day career workshops and we've also started an aspiring HRDs mentoring programme as well as launching a brand new Learning Hub exclusively for CIPD members. This Community is a valuable member benefit and there are many more, too many to list here, so I will link to a page that houses them all in one place: https://www.cipd.co.uk/membership/benefits If you have any more questions about how to make the most of your membership please give our team a call and they will guide you through all the options, 020 8612 6208. Hope this is useful!