Survey - our Community mobile app: do you use it? Do you know about it?

Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

23 Oct, 2020 12:49

We've opened a quick survey to capture your feedback on how we can improve the app and your experience so far! 

You can also let us know if you're not using the app... or didn't know we had one!

More info about the Community 'catch up' mobile app here.

Thank you.

• Survey completed - I find the app really useful, and it makes it easy to see the most recently added or updated posts, but there are two things that are frustrating (there wasn’t a question on the survey that I could add these to!):

The ‘cursor’ when commenting seems to be white, which makes it difficult to see where it is, or move it if you need to edit anything.

When people provide links to other relevant forum posts, it takes you out of the app to the desktop site, which if you’re not set up to automatically log in on the desktop site is a bit annoying.

Hope that is constructive feedback!
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

24 Oct, 2020 16:47

In reply to Maya:

Thanks for the feedback, Maya. I hadn't noticed the 'white' cursor until you mentioned it. I think this is something we should be able to change.

Re links... you'll be able to access non-member groups without logging in to the desktop... but yes, you'd be asked to log in to member-only groups when following a link from the app.
  • TBH - I rarely use the app and struggled to find answers to the questions ranking the features I find most useful. I will have to take another look if it can do private messaging which I find almost impossible to use on the main site. I have also never cracked where and how I have to go to view anyone's profile. Is that possible on the app?
  • I really like the app. I'm currently a student member of CIPD studying Intermediate Certificate in HR Management. This app is really useful to see what is going on in the HR world of work.
  • I don't use the app as I don't have a smartphone. I don't have a smartphone as I have a visual disability which makes using one challenging. It's always good to remember that some people may be inadvertently excluded from initiatives when we assume everyone is equally capable of accessing them :-)
  • Hi,

I wasn't aware of the app, thanks for this forum I have downloaded and look forward to keeping in touch easier.
  • I completed the survey last week. I really like the app as being a student member I feel the discussions bring me up to date regarding today's world of work and the issues that HR are having.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

27 Oct, 2020 14:44

In reply to Anka:

@Anka - no private messaging on the app as yet, but definitely up there for a future release. (Yes, the PM feature on this desktop Community is not as slick as it might be. We're aware).

@Anna - absolutely - and noted. Thank you.

@Laura - :)
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

27 Oct, 2020 17:15

In reply to Amanda:

Great to hear, Amanda.
  • Have completed the survey
  • Hi Steve

Appreciate this is an old thread, but is there an issue with the app? I was able to use it in the past, but over the last few months it closes as soon as I try to log in. Have deleted and re-installed numerous times with no success. I am using the IOS version (on a relatively new iPhone)

Thanks
    Joe
  • In reply to Joe :

Steve Bridger
  • In reply to Joe :

Having similar issues - except on Android and it just doesn't even log in (same on my work mobile which is on iPhone).

That being said, I wasn't really using the app much as I found it "clunky" (sorry couldn't think of a better word). It's difficult to read through threads (especially long ones) and I found it kept jumping back to the top of a thread rather than loading the next pages of comments. Also it was difficult to post and comment in my opinion.
  • love the app ️
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

17 Aug, 2021 15:39

In reply to Joe :

Sorry - I was away so just picking this up now. No known issue with the current app, but I'll investigate...