I need happy thoughts in these nasty times...

OK, I’ve had enough of the ‘C’ word! I want to smile again and not feel totally stressed out for just a few minutes. 

Tell me a joke...

I’ll start.

Q: Why do Sweden, Norway, and Denmark put bar codes on all their ships?

A: So they can scan-de-navy-in...

• The Germans are stockpiling sausage and cheese against the Wurst Käse scenario. The Greeks, meanwhile, are stockpiling hummus and taramasalata in case of a double-dip recession. But the sensible Dutch are only stockpiling toilet paper and weed for sh*ts and giggles. ;)
  • My husband is leaving me because of my obsession with Barcelona FC. I can see a Messi divorce ahead.

My husband and kids are leaving me because of my obsession with horse racing. And they're off!!!

My husband is leaving me because of my obsession with soap operas. But will he really leave me? Find out next week.
  • I bought a dog from a blacksmith.

When I got home, he made a bolt for the door
  • In reply to Lisa:

William Shakespeare walked into a tavern. The barmaid takes one look at him and says, 'get out, you're bard'.
  • In reply to Owen:

A man walks into a bar. He says "Ouch!!!". It was an iron bar.......
  • In reply to Ray:

What do you call a man with a shovel?

Doug.

What do you call a man without a shovel?

Douglas.
  • I’ve started a side business in these difficult times. It is a dating site for chickens. I know it isn't HR work, I’m just trying to make hens meet.
  • In reply to Owen:

What do you call a gorilla with a machine gun?

Sir....
  • In reply to Ray:

What do you all a deer with no eyes? No "eye"-dea
    What do you call a deer with no eyes and no legs - still no "eye"-dea

There's another in the series but probably not suitable for these pages. It starts with :
    What do you call a deer with no eyes,no legs and no naughty parts? I'll leave the rest to your imagination...
  • In reply to Ray:

What do you call a sheep with no legs? A cloud
  • In reply to Annabel:

What do you call a man with a seagull on his head?

Cliff.
  • I ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon. I’ll let you know....
  • I was in the local curry house and fainted when I heard REM had split up. That's me in the korma.
  • Stolen from Twitter:

Which composer is likely to catch the Coronavirus?

Dry Cough Ski
  • In reply to Owen:

A Scot without a canine frield can also be called Douglas.