Holiday from April 2020 for term time workers

Good morning all

Under the Good Work Plan, from April holiday pay for those working irregular hours should be calculcated on 52 weeks, rather than 12 weeks' pay - Understood. 

I would not include those working term time only, on fixed hours, as working 'irregular' hours - would you agree? 

The reason I ask is because for a School I work with, the payroll department are changing the holiday calcs for all TTO staff to 104 weeks meaning that the staff are actaully getting paid LESS for their holiday periods, which does not seem right to me.  

Can anyone help? 

Thanks

Jo 

• Hi Jo

The only change we are making to permanent (fixed weekly hours) TTO support staffs' holiday entitlement is ensuring everyone gets at least 5.6 weeks entitlement after it's pro-rated. This actually only affects staff up to NJC point 21, with less than 5 years continuous service and on either a 38 or 39 working week contract in our MAT.

We are only using the 52-week reference period for casual staff, which for support staff we only have 2-3 across our academies.
  • In reply to Kimberly:

Thank you Kimberly, really helpful. This is my view too so I'm not sure why they're suggesting they do it.