Connecting with those working in HR in Academy Trusts

Hello all, 

I am a HR officer in an academies trust. The school I am currently at has 150 employees, the second school has 250. 

It would be great to see what other HR individuals are doing within their academies trust/schools. 

I would like to offer more support to the trust, rather than the day to day admin - Is there any projects anyone is currently working on?

I have just started at this academy and have assisted in setting up the SCR, keeping files up to date and dealing with the daily queries which arise. However, I feel like there is much more that could be done. I have previously worked in the private sector therefore, this is my first job within the educational sector. Your inputs are much appreciated.

Would be lovely to connect with anyone who would be interested!

• In reply to Samantha:

Hi. I think an email group would be useful in the first instance. We can use it to discuss various issues, and then if something big comes up that it would be useful to meet about, we can do that on Teams?
  • I have recently moved to the education sector and would be interested in this network too.
  • Hi everyone,
    If a group has been established I would love to be included. I am a HR Manager at a MAT of 11 schools, made up of both primary and secondary schools. I joined a year ago and really value the advice that is shared on here, it has been so helpful to me. Please let me know how I can connect. Thanks
  • In reply to Joanne:

Hi Joanne

I don't think a group has been established yet.

If anyone wants to join a group which is more specific to MATs/Academies please feel free to email me on rswann@aet.cheshire.sch.uk on the understanding that I will share your email with others who are interested. I don't think there's any need for an administrator, we just need to start somewhere and I am happy to collate the emails and create a group email. Perhaps we can 'email all' and 'reply all' so we can share the knowledge but there's no pressure to reply.

I have a couple of questions to ask following our Payroll audit so would really appreciate widening my network and hearing from others in the same industry.

Many thanks
    Rachel
  • In reply to Rachel:

I think this is a great idea! I've emailed you today.
    I am currently singled handedly the whole payroll and Hr team in my school and we are in the middle of converting to a MAT with us as the lead school and I welcome all the help, guidance and support I can get!
  • In reply to Rachel:

Hi Rachel I have emailed you. I work as a HR Officer in a large MAT. Thank you.
  • Hi I have just started as a HR Manager in a Academy School for children with special needs that sign up to and follow local Council policies etc - its the first time I have worked in this sector so I would be interested in connecting with professionals working in similar environments. Has a group been set up, if so I would love to join!
  • Hi,
    I was part of a group with HR professionals working in the education sector when I worked my job previous to last. Now working in the field again I would love to be part of a group with likeminded professionals.
  • In reply to Samantha:

Hi Samantha....did anything come of this? It would be great to have a regular network meeting to join and just wondered whether got off the ground with this. TIA
  • Hello all!

I am heading the HR function at The British School, New Delhi and have about 10 plus years of experience in the education industry. I would love to connect with other HR professionals in this industry. Please add me in the network.
  • In reply to Jayati Kohli :

If you look at the message dated 24 March 2023 there is an email listed to contact regarding the network of HR professionals which is up and running. Hope this helps.
  • In reply to Rachel:

Hi everyone,

I have just signed up as a student member and saw this thread. I am a HR Coordinator for a large MAT. I work in the Eastern (South Essex) Hub. I personally look after 3 primary schools.

I joined the MAT last September and this is my first role within HR and education so I am still learning and hoping to learn a lot on here and whilst I complete my CIPD Level 3 qualification.

Looking forward to sharing and learning!
  • Hi, I would love to connect, I've worked as a HR Manager for MAT historically and currently am a HR Manager in a special school.