Documenting Training Completed by Staff

Hi

I am in the process of looking at how we document all of our training, I work in a large school with over 260 members of staff.

We currently have various IT systems, spreadsheets, paper files for keeping records of training and many people are involved depending on the training subject.  We have no central record.

I need to find a way of capturing the training records centrally that allows us to document the training course, when it happened, when it expires, who missed the training/has incomplete training, deals with starters/leaver etc.  I also need a system that I can filter, flag issues from, record mandatory training, capture other cpd.

Does anybody have any recommendations/advice that they can give from a school setting about how you record your training?   

Thanks

• Morning,

For me, I use our HR system. It all was you to record all training.

Recording if they attended, I would put a comment into the field box and pull a report and pass to the managers to ensure that the training session is then followed up.

Not too sure if that helps?

I did find setting up onto the HR system a nightmare, but it now works for what I want it to do.
  • In reply to Paul:

Thanks, what HR system do you use?
  • Hi Amanda,

I would like to introduce myself and Online Single Central Record.

Our online system has been designed in keeping with the minimum requirements of the DFEs Keeping children safe in education. Alongside the DFE statutory guidance, our SCR portal incorporates the school's own safeguarding practices, ensuring all relevant recruitment and vetting checks are covered. Aiding schools to stay compliant, our colour-coded portal and weekly summary email provide's a full audit, thus notifying areas requiring attention. Our Trust/Top Level Overview screen shows your school's inspectorate ready status. Once you’ve identified any issues, you can remedy them with a few clicks. Moreover, we provide free ongoing support and training when required.

Our Statutory Policies and Documents feature allows you to create your school’s statutory policies and document library for all the different ‘Staff Types’ within your school, it then allows you to set expiry/review periods on the documents (if required).

Once your statutory policies and documents have been created and approved you are given the ability to email them over to the relevant staff members. The member of staff is then prompted to download the policy/document and confirm once they have read it. The record is then automatically updated.

If this would be of interest to you then please do not hesitate to call me on 0151 606 5101 or mike.toole@onlinescr.co.uk to discuss this in more detail or arrange a no obligation online demonstration of the portal.

For further information please visit www.onlinescr.co.uk

Kind regards
    Mike