Health insurance policy - employees in Dubai

Hi Everyone,

We provide health insurance for our employees in Dubai along with their dependants. We do not have a policy in place but would like to have one as our numbers are continuing to grew.

I would like to know what other employers are doing in terms of the following:

• Limiting the no. of Dependents that can be added to the policy
  • Do you cover all of the dependents premium or if over a certain amount do you ask for contributions?

If anyone has a policy they wouldn't mind sharing that would be fantastic too.

Thank you very much

Kind regards

Emma

• Hi Emma, we just comply with the legal requirement to provide health insurance for our employees, we don't provide cover for dependents.
  • In reply to Nicola:

Hi Nicola,
    Thank you for letting me know. This is helpful.
    Kind regards
    Emma
  • Hello I limit it to spouse and 2 children dependents from 0-18 years old
  • This is an internal policy if you decide to go above the law.
  • Hi Emma, we provide dependent medical cover for our senior management levels, but we don't cover dependents for our team members below that, just the team member themselves. This is a common approach, but it varies by industry and company.
  • Hi ! We provide health insurance for spouse and 2children, for management positions.
  • Hi Emma,
    As the 3 businesses i have worked for in the UAE have had branches in Abu Dhabi and Dubai we have always offered dependent health cover as per the AD requirement
    "In the emirate of Abu Dhabi, employers and sponsors are responsible for the providing health insurance coverage for their employees and their families (1 spouse and 3 children under 18 years).

In the emirate of Dubai, employers are required to provide health insurance coverage for their employees. Sponsors are required to get insurance cover for their resident dependents."
    u.ae/.../getting-a-health-insurance

In other regions where dependent cover is not required we have offered employees the choice to add dependents to the company scheme and deduct at cost from salary.

Hope that helps