** You may notice some changes here... **

Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

1 Feb, 2022 11:01

Dear Community Members!

We updated the community platform overnight on 31st Jan/1st Feb. 

Most of the changes are hidden away from view in the 'backend', but you may notice some cosmetic improvements, too.

Most importantly, we are trialling a 'threaded post' view in one group - here.

Please let us know what you think.

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

12 Feb, 2022 13:04

In reply to Peter:

We'll certainly be adding in membership statsus. That should have been carried across, but wasn't.

Notifications on the site (i.e. at the top of this page) will be coming through, but we'll have sorted all the notifications on Monday, so that you won't be seeing 'everything'.

• I was having log in issues despite support resetting my password and saying they could log in to my account. I found the only thing that solved this was uninstalling the app then reinstalling it. Can't seem to turn notifications off on the app though - does this need to be managed via the desktop version? I only use the app for Community and can't see a way to turn notifications off on here nor can I seem to delete the 300+ notifications I've received...
  • In reply to Emma:

iPad had logged me out as of this morning but at least allowed me to log in on the Communities page, which Chrome on Windows 10 won’t do for some reason - have to open main CIPD website which says I’m logged into them already - despite Communities saying otherwise . But logging out of it and logging back in again then going back to Communities page seems to fix the Communities login.

(Swathes of spam appeared overnight too.)

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

13 Feb, 2022 13:41

In reply to David:

I've sorted the spam... and will speak to colleagues on Monday.

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

13 Feb, 2022 13:42

In reply to David:

There is some info on the login workaround here, David - although we should have this fixed early this week.
    community.cipd.co.uk/.../technical-update-from-the-cipd-team

• In reply to Steve Bridger:

I hope so. I'm also having to log in through the main site as the Community page refuses to log me in (using "Edge"), simply going back to the home page, and if I visit the site more than once having opened from the main site it seems I am no longer a "Champion" as the link vanishes. To re-set I have to re-start my computer and log in again, as even closing the browser and reopening doesn't work. 

There's not much point doing anything else, as I do not want to open my 'mail to another tsunami of unwanted "subscription" notifications, so have everything but this thread turned off as I was getting nothing from any other thread I had actually contributed to.

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

16 Feb, 2022 11:29

In reply to Peter:

Hi Peter - I'll be sharing an update with the community shortly as we have fixed most of these issues. Might be best if I called you, so I'll sort something out today.

• Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

16 Feb, 2022 16:57

In reply to Maryanne:

Hi Maryanne  - apologies looks like we may have missed your message here about getting into the app, how are you doing with this now? If still having problems we can investigate for you. 

• In reply to Johanna:

Hiya Joanne

thanks for getting back to me, yes I am still having trouble logging into the app? Any help greatly appreciated 

• In reply to Johanna:

That sounds reasonable, because on a "technical" (or similar) site one is often speaking of a replicable problem or event. While "core" issues here might be similar (e.g. discipline, recruitment or discrimination), both the circumstances and the way they are approached vary widely (even discounting the personal "asides" like poetry, classics, or the relative merits of Fender and Gibson). Perhaps a more comprehensive or guided "search" facility would be a better and more helpful option? (I could certainly find one useful).

• In reply to David:

That sounds like the same problem I've been having. It seems to be fixed as of this morning.

• Have noticed that some of the links leading to my previous "discussions of note" submissions are now inactive (you have explained this) but others are now leading back to the community home page. Will this links still get back to the DoN submissions when you've finished snagging? They will be confusing and even look foolish if they don't go somewhere! Happy to update if necessary. I also do not have copies of the submissions if they are to be discarded, so copies to me before deletion would be appreciated as I would like to have them available. One ("Is all well with Welfare") also seems to have lost both link (anywhere) and message saying not available". Has it been deleted?

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

26 Feb, 2022 15:45

In reply to Peter:

Hi Peter - I emailed you the new links to 3 of your posts. I’ll check the 4th when at my desk. 

• In reply to Steve Bridger:

Just logged in and discovered this is the case for me as well.

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

4 Mar, 2022 11:09

In reply to Denise:

Hi Denise. You appear to have all the correct group access permissions. I'll PM you as you may not be logged in with the email address we have for you.