FCIPD upgrade prep

Hi all,

I've started looking at the criteria for upgrade to FCIPD and can identify good examples for most of the business areas that are assessed.  However it would be helpful to hear from others in this position how they interpreted the example of 'how you've built the capability of people professionals or contributed to the development of the people profession'.  

I'm in a standalone role so no HR team to mentor/develop and I've hit a wall on this one.  Any thoughts welcomed!

Thanks,

Stephanie

• I have tried to forget the stress involved in applying
    Your local branch should have a membership adviser who can 'advise'
  • Haha - fair enough! I’ll drop them a note and ask. Thanks
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

11 Jun, 2021 09:11

Hi Stephanie you may have already seen this on our website but here's a bit more info about updrading to Chartered Fellow www.cipd.co.uk/.../chartered-fellow - best of luck with your upgrade!
  • Perhaps you could discuss how you have built the capability of line managers or directors to handle people-related issues? If you are standalone, I am inferring that you can't handle every single issue yourself so have had to equip your managers to act confidently and appropriately.

It may also be worth thinking about your participation in your local CIPD groups / any roles you have outside work?
  • In reply to Johanna:

Thanks Johanna, I have read the CIPD website info - just trying to link the standards to real life examples and wanted to ensure I was focusing on the right evidence. Will get in touch with my local branch too to see if they can share their experiences. Much appreciated :)
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

5 Jul, 2021 16:24

In reply to Stephanie:

You could also contact our membership Customer service team for a bit more support if needed.
  • Thanks Johanna, I hadn’t realised there was a dedicated team, I’ll pick it up with them in that case. Thanks!
  • Hi Stephanie

I am wondering if you've managed to get any further with your upgrade yet? I am considering this too & am currently trying to get my CV fully updated. I was wondering if you'd be willing to share your experience of upgrading with me & share any tips?

Thanks
    Ruth
  • Hi Ruth, admittedly I haven’t had a chance to relook at this again with work and kids to coordinate but I did contact my local CIPD branch who put me in touch with an independent practitioner. He advised thinking about alternative ways of improving the people profession, upskilling managers, writing articles, volunteering at branches etc. Above all, think about whether you feel you are at that level - if so then don’t overthink it, but outline some examples to show this. The membership email is memupgrading@cipd.co.uk but I didn’t email them as yet as thought I’d have another look myself first. Happy to link up if it would help!
  • In reply to Stephanie:

Thanks Stephanie. I know the joy of juggling everything too so I will take a look at all of the details properly & decide from there. If I decide to go for it I will let you know & maybe we can link in then. All the best.