Experience Assessment - Chartered Member

Hello everyone, 

I'm based in Hertfordshire and work in Central London. I work within the talent acquisition and recruitment role and after many years of thinking about getting the membership, I have finally signed up to take the assessment path. I have recently started my assessment and I'm due to submit this end of May, with my professional discussion booked in for June 20th. 

I'd love to connect with anyone who might have the same timeline or if you have recently successfully completed gaining the membership. I'm enjoying doing the questions in the assessment and think it's a good way to look back on my achievements and work. 

I'm however interested to hear what are Stakeholders asked, do they get similar questions or an open ended text to provide feedback. 

I'm doing this with my full time job and juggling life with a 8 year old daughter and 11 month old puppy. 

Cheers

Smritee

• In reply to Jen:

Count me in as well, if you don't mind! Just kicked off this process myself and would love to learn from others' experience. dtmccready@gmail.com - thank you!
  • In reply to Lindsey:

Hi Lyndsey yes I use Teams
  • In reply to Lindsey:

Hi Lindsey, that would be fantastic - thank you so much! My email is bellarina1982@aol.com
  • In reply to Sarah:

Hi Sarah

Would it be possible to ask you a question about the expert in people and expert in change question please? Blush I'm due to submit by Friday and just want to sense check something. Thanks!
  • In reply to Katie:

Hi Katie

Were you able to clarify your change question? I have commenced my assessment this week and trying to determine what example to use in the report so keen to find feeds in this forum which addresses this aspect of the assessment.

All the best with your submission this Friday!
  • In reply to Lindsey:

Hi Lindsey, was the teams set up? I'd love to join so we can all offer support and guidance. Thanks x
  • In reply to Belle:

Hi Belle sorry not yet been hectic will sort something out for all next week :)
  • In reply to Lindsey:

Hi all, sorry to jump in - I am due to start my Experience Assessment as a Charted Member on 8 Jan and would really value a 'buddy' who is doing it on a similar timeline and this is the most recent collection of posts. Is anyone here still working on their EA? Or if completed, can you give any advice i.e. stuff you wish you knew before you started? Thanks so much!
  • I’m due to submit this week and would be happy to support you if I can Philippa. Please email me jen.stoneman@mencap.org.uk as I don’t remember to check here much.
  • Hi Sarah, will you be ok to connect to get guidance. Just started and feeling very overwhelmed. :(
  • In reply to Hazimin:

Hi all, as the posts are quite sporadic and I’ve now finished the written part I thought I’d write about it for those just starting. I did find it a bit challenging at times but overall it was an excellent reflective learning experience. I did seek help and inspiration from our people director because I kept thinking ‘maybe I don’t do that’ and ‘I don’t lead on anything, I just advise’ which obviously isn’t true. The two longer questions to be evidenced do need more thought so make sure the example you’re thinking of will cover all the sub-questions. I also had to spend time looking back over a certain strand of work to remember how small it started to be able to see the impact over time. I found the behaviour report much easier so maybe start with that to get into the swing of it. Happy to answer questions as it is not easy. I’ve got my professional discussion on 21 Feb! (typos edited!)

• In reply to Jen:

Hi Jen,

I am also just starting my assessment and feeling overwhelmed already. Is it okay if I contact you for support/pointers that could help.

Thank you.
  • In reply to Omobolanle:

Yes of course, happy to help. I don't know if I've done it right yet but at least I can share my experience! Please email me jen.stoneman@mencap.org.uk
  • In reply to Philippa:

I completed last year and documented the journey from start to finish:
    community.cipd.co.uk/.../experience-assessment
    Best of luck to you! There are no stupid questions!