Gender pronouns - using them or not?

Morning all - I wondered what the trend is with regards to changing employee handbooks, policies and /or contracts from using gender pronouns?  We are startup organisation and have just embarked on defining our D&I strategy,. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks 

• In reply to Teresa:

Interesting thought, something similar to the one for titles already in use - Mx instead of the standard Mr, Mrs, Ms or Miss options.
  • In reply to Julie:

I see that so much. I am now referred to as Mr by quite a few organisations now, because i am Miss, but the only choice of title I am increasingly given are Mr, Ms or Mx. As i am none of those, i just chose the first one which invariably is Mr
  • In reply to Teresa:

I am married but I use Miss. I admit it confuses people, especially if I am meeting someone in person and they can see I wear a wedding ring. I think that nowadays we can please ourselves.
  • In reply to Teresa:

I agree, the option for Mrs seems to be disappearing fast as well which would be my personal choice. The other option that is disappearing fast is husband / wife in favour of “partner”.