Level 5, Unit 1 - Developing Professional Practice

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has recently completed the above until and are able to help me?

I'm after a bit of advise and guidance on how my submission should actually look - I'm struggling to get my head round it and any examples of work able to share with me would be so helpful.

I'm studying with ICS.

Many thanks

Becca

• In reply to Sanjay:

Hi Sanjay, did you get sorted on where to start? The tutors are really helpful on ICS and tend to reply the same day if not the latest the next?
  • In reply to Sanjay:

Hi Sanjay,

I completed my level 5 around 1 year ago and if you are looking for reading materials I found the following books useful when completing my assignments and still make reference to them now. You can buy these books from the CIPD Bookstore which I believe is Kogan Page

Studying Human Resource Management 2nd Ed - Stephen Taylor & Carol Woodhams
    Human Resource Management: People & Organisations 2nd Ed - Stephen Taylor & Carol Woodhams
    Human Resource Management at Work 6th Ed - Mick Marchington, Adrian Wilkinson, Rory Donnelly and Anastasia Kynighou
    Introduction to Employment Law: Fundamentals for HR and Business Students 4th Ed - Kathy Daniels
  • In reply to Victoria:

Excellent suggestions Victoria!
    Sanjay, if money is an issue I would also recommend going on Amazon and looking at their used books.
  • Hi, Im starting Level 5 (never been to uni so unfamiliar with this style of studying and not studied for 20 years). I passed my formative assignment and just doing my summative assessment (5DVP/01). Am I able to use the report I did for my formative in my summative aswell? My tutor said I need to evaluate rather than describe for the summative so does this mean I have to re-write the work? Im a little stuck with this part. I think Im getting the hang of the referencing but have only listed 8 for this so is that not enough? Im studying with ICS.
  • In reply to Emma Macdonald:

I would recommend that you contact your tutor for more explanation and have a good discussion with him or her.
    A simple thought from me is that you can describe something - in factual terms
    You can then evaluate that description by stating why you feel they are good, bad, effective, ineffective and then explain why you feel that way.
    I hope this helps!
  • In reply to Maureen Scholefield:

Thank you Maureen
  • shared, sent you email.
  • In reply to Maureen Scholefield:

Hi Maureen,
    Thank you for your advice. I got in touch with ICS and also my tutor. I'am struggling to start my formative assessment at the moment. If there was a template or something similar, that would help me to kick start, that would be great. Would you know where I could find this?
  • In reply to Sanjay:

Sorry Sanjay
    I am not aware of any templates but I would recommend that you look at the learning outcomes and the assessment criteria for each learning outcome.
  • In reply to Rebecca:

Please can I ask for some help too - never did uni and this is my first foray into “studying” properly my years of operational experience are failing me! I just can’t get my head around how and where to start for my formative - also studying with ICS
  • In reply to Pauline:

Did you find any help?! I’m struggling too just started
  • In reply to Emma Macdonald:

Emma! Please help me! I never done uni or any studying at this level either. So really struggling to get off the ground! Have no idea how to structure the formative..... please would you email me hfogorman@gmail.com - happy. For anyone to email me that might read this if you can help ;-)
  • In reply to Rushabh:

Hi Rushabh, thank you for reaching out and connecting. Are you able to help me at all? I'm struggling with level 5 units. Where have you got upto?
  • In reply to Gina:

Dear Gina,
    I am starting the CIPD Level 5 and struggling with the first 2 modules; the 5DVP & 5CHR. Started writing but not sure am I at the right level, am I using good examples etc.
    Read the tips but still not sure - I started the DVP assignment with the definition from CIPD book (Lester, the professional), then explained how I see it, what a professional means to me and then, used an example from everyday life, to describe what I think what "Curious" would mean as a Behaviour in that specific example....would you have a tip for me so that I know I am on the right track? Many thx for any input.