New Starter Forms

Hi

When we send out a contract pack, we email this in the first instance then send out a hard copy pack, both mediums contain a copy of the contract and 6 separate PDF forms.  We ask for the hard copy's to be completed (signed where appropriate) and returned in a stamped addressed envelope we provide.   

We'd like to modernise this process but don't really know where to start.   

Currently when the paper forms are returned, we scan them into their individual files and securely destroy the paper form - this seams very wasteful.

Our HR system can not help us with this we do not give access until their first day.

Any suggestions are welcome. 

Thank you 

Helen 

• Hi Helen
    If you have Adobe Acrobat you can use the E-Signature feature which sends the document to the recipient's email, they electronically sign it and it then gets sent automatically straight back to you with a certificate confirming the date and time it was signed. You also can't edit the form once it has been signed.
    I've not used it for new starter forms personally but I do use it for other things at work and the recipient doesn't need to have Adobe. You can also password protect the document for security.
  • Hi,

I agree with Rachel and I have just implemented Adobe for all HR paperwork. It really is time saving! Plus when you ask for a signature employees get a copy back for their records.
  • DocuSign! I have just moved to a new business that use this and it makes the starter process so much easier.
    Contracts and forms are sent that way, with workflows to go to managers, signatories and HR admin as needed. It also means I don't forget to send forms on to those that need them
  • In reply to Jessica:

Thank you Jessica & Rachel, can they actually complete forms with Adobe?
  • Hi Helen

We were in the same position as you but a few months ago moved to using Docusign and have never looked back. It does take some time setting up the templates and work flows but once this is done its very straight forward. You can also send reminders.
  • In reply to Emma:

When i was in recruitment I worked with a big client who used Docusign for all offers, I can honestly say that on several occasions the swiftness of getting the contract out and back via it was the difference between the applicant going to them or another company. One because people don't generally like going back on something they had signed but also as it was for IT roles because it showed a modern efficient way of doing things which appealed to that type of worker.